My First Pocket Gun - LCP

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by VonHoffmann, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Congrats! I picked one up at a show a couple weeks ago that was going for a steal. I never planned on having a .380 but did have some ammo sitting at home and this followed me home. I have to say I am highly impressed, what a fantastic little gun. Not to mention it is crazy accurate for a pocket pistol.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. NDCent

NDCent Socially Inept

The nemesis works well for front pocket. If you want something a tad thicker, that won't print, you might as well go with Remora. Remora will pocket or stay put for IWB, nice to have the versatility while on the go.

3. RoughTexturedTrav

RoughTexturedTrav Spenser4Hire

SGammo has a bunch of winchester ranger 380 in stock and i would add a talon grip and some better sights if it was going to be a primary carry gun. I nearly bought myself one today but i think i'll wait a bit.

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I've got the same setup except with a CT laser. Great pocket rig. I carry it quite a bit, even when I have a "real" CC gun on my hip. :cool: Mine loves 90gr Gold Dots.

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Mine eats 90gr Gold Dots like candy. :cool:

6. The LCP is a nice little gun, I almost got one but decided on 9MM round. I picked up a Kahr CM9 for $408 out the door and could not be happier. I pocket carry in cargo shorts during the summer.

7. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I, too, carry an LCP in my front pocket and I was also concerned that "printing" might be a problem.
    I decided that my LCP with the Crimson Trace laser would best work in a DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster. The holster is available for LCPs with or without a laser. It is ambidextrous and has a reversible/removable covering flap. It has a tacky, rubber outer-coating that ensures that the holster stays in the pocket when the pistol is drawn.
    I highly recommend the Crimson Trace for this gun. It is light, small, and extremely handy on a pistol with barely any sights at all --- only my Seecamp is worse. I realize this is a "belly gun" but I'd like the option to use sights if time and circumstances allow. That said, a little orange nail polish on the front sight and some white on the back help greatly as well.

If you're thinking about the Nemesis as I did, you might find that the SuperFly is a better choice. It works well for me.

Link:

http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...rimson-trace-lg-412/pocket-holsters/Super-Fly

8. My wife loves her's, I like the fact that the pull is a tad strong so she knows its going to go bang if she has to deffend herself.

9. I carried one for a couple of years in the DeSantis pocket holster,very accurate gun but hard for me with my weak hand drills( too long of a trigger pull) I just couldn't get comfortable with a 380 so I sold it and went back to a S&W 642

10. Here's my daily carry LCP in the D.M. Bullard pocket holster.

Attached Files:

11. My youngest son got the LCP as a primary carry gun in hot and humid SE Florida. He considers it a gun that is very hard to shoot fast and accurately but the reliability is very good, so far. It is also hard to draw the tiny thing fast and get a halfway good grip but, hey, it conceals really well and is no burden in the pocket, leading to saggy pants:cool:.
    He talked me out of my Glock 26 for his last birthday and the LCP is now usually being carried as a BUG.

[​IMG]

12. Love my little Elsie Pea. Been a while now since I've been able to carry as I'm back I'm Illinois, but hopefully that will change soon! I did a lot of research on elsiepeaforum and learned a lot. I also carry in a Nemesis, and it just disappears. Had it with the CT guard, but imsold it and just go bare bones now. Little white paint on the front sight, Hogue Jr. Grip, and 11# recoil springs and it is perfect. Enjoy yours!