close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My First Pocket Gun - LCP

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by VonHoffmann, Apr 21, 2013.

1. JDennis

JDennis
    Expand Collapse

Congrats! I picked one up at a show a couple weeks ago that was going for a steal. I never planned on having a .380 but did have some ammo sitting at home and this followed me home. I have to say I am highly impressed, what a fantastic little gun. Not to mention it is crazy accurate for a pocket pistol.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. NDCent

NDCent
    Expand Collapse
    Socially Inept

The nemesis works well for front pocket. If you want something a tad thicker, that won't print, you might as well go with Remora. Remora will pocket or stay put for IWB, nice to have the versatility while on the go.

3. RoughTexturedTrav

RoughTexturedTrav
    Expand Collapse
    Spenser4Hire

SGammo has a bunch of winchester ranger 380 in stock and i would add a talon grip and some better sights if it was going to be a primary carry gun. I nearly bought myself one today but i think i'll wait a bit.

4. glock2740

glock2740
    Expand Collapse
    Gun lover.

I've got the same setup except with a CT laser. Great pocket rig. I carry it quite a bit, even when I have a "real" CC gun on my hip. :cool: Mine loves 90gr Gold Dots.

5. glock2740

glock2740
    Expand Collapse
    Gun lover.

Mine eats 90gr Gold Dots like candy. :cool:

6. burttrans

burttrans
    Expand Collapse

The LCP is a nice little gun, I almost got one but decided on 9MM round. I picked up a Kahr CM9 for $408 out the door and could not be happier. I pocket carry in cargo shorts during the summer.

7. ERASER

ERASER
    Expand Collapse
    Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I, too, carry an LCP in my front pocket and I was also concerned that "printing" might be a problem.
    I decided that my LCP with the Crimson Trace laser would best work in a DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster. The holster is available for LCPs with or without a laser. It is ambidextrous and has a reversible/removable covering flap. It has a tacky, rubber outer-coating that ensures that the holster stays in the pocket when the pistol is drawn.
    I highly recommend the Crimson Trace for this gun. It is light, small, and extremely handy on a pistol with barely any sights at all --- only my Seecamp is worse. I realize this is a "belly gun" but I'd like the option to use sights if time and circumstances allow. That said, a little orange nail polish on the front sight and some white on the back help greatly as well.

If you're thinking about the Nemesis as I did, you might find that the SuperFly is a better choice. It works well for me.

Link:

http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...rimson-trace-lg-412/pocket-holsters/Super-Fly

8. cbird77

cbird77
    Expand Collapse

My wife loves her's, I like the fact that the pull is a tad strong so she knows its going to go bang if she has to deffend herself.

9. 257 roberts

257 roberts
    Expand Collapse

I carried one for a couple of years in the DeSantis pocket holster,very accurate gun but hard for me with my weak hand drills( too long of a trigger pull) I just couldn't get comfortable with a 380 so I sold it and went back to a S&W 642

10. skennedy

skennedy
    Expand Collapse

Here's my daily carry LCP in the D.M. Bullard pocket holster.

Attached Files:

11. PzGren

PzGren
    Expand Collapse

My youngest son got the LCP as a primary carry gun in hot and humid SE Florida. He considers it a gun that is very hard to shoot fast and accurately but the reliability is very good, so far. It is also hard to draw the tiny thing fast and get a halfway good grip but, hey, it conceals really well and is no burden in the pocket, leading to saggy pants:cool:.
    He talked me out of my Glock 26 for his last birthday and the LCP is now usually being carried as a BUG.

[​IMG]

12. Benello

Benello
    Expand Collapse

Love my little Elsie Pea. Been a while now since I've been able to carry as I'm back I'm Illinois, but hopefully that will change soon! I did a lot of research on elsiepeaforum and learned a lot. I also carry in a Nemesis, and it just disappears. Had it with the CT guard, but imsold it and just go bare bones now. Little white paint on the front sight, Hogue Jr. Grip, and 11# recoil springs and it is perfect. Enjoy yours!

13. mikegun

mikegun
    Expand Collapse

I have carried my Talon holster in various pockets for 4 yrs still works and retains its shape,,,,very comfy and NO PRINT

14. MJB

MJB
    Expand Collapse

I use the Nemesis, Ruger 7 rd mag and Hogue Handall. The 7rd mag only adds .4" to the height.

15. JoeOU1

JoeOU1
    Expand Collapse

Congrats! I carry one with a Crimson Trace on it every day in my pocket. Great BUG.
    I have one of the from their original series that was a part of the recall, the gen 2 and the latest one from Ruger with the custom trigger. I've yet to have a jam of any kind. All of them have a CT and I carry them in the same Nemesis holster.

16. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Wow, old thread...

17. Schrag4

Schrag4
    Expand Collapse

Seems I'm late to the party. My wife recently got the same gun with the exact same holster. I must admit that I borrow it from time to time, especially now that it's getting warmer. It has been reliable so far, and I find it quite shootable, despite its tiny size and the rather stout recoil that comes as a result. For its intended purpose (very short range), it's hard to beat.

18. hogship

hogship
    Expand Collapse
    It's MY Island

[​IMG]

LCP with my homemade pocket holster. I'm still using this. The NAA 32acp Guardian is sold, and the Kahr MK40 is too big for a pocket carry.

My overall impression is the LCP is a great carry gun. No plans to change to something else for my smallest pocket carry gun, but if I were to do this over, I'd take a look at Kahr's 380 version. The LCP lacks a last shot slide stop. The one it does have is manual, and it appears as if it wasn't planned that way. The magazine has a flat spot on the front of the follower that looks like it was supposed to trigger the slide stop. Something seems to have gone wrong in production, and Ruger decided to make the slide stop manual, instead of automatic.

#38 hogship, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  19. mac66

mac66
    Expand Collapse
    Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Since this thread is 3 years old, i guess it is time to ask the OP how the LCP has worked out for him.

So OP, how's that LCP worked out for you over the last 3 years?

20. Vito

Vito
    Expand Collapse

I guess its just me but I really don't care for the LCP. I bought one for the same reason you state, but I find that I cannot fire this little gun even marginally well and it is, in my opinion, a very unpleasant gun to shoot at all. But I did use for awhile as my carry gun when I needed something really small. But when I found the Ruger LC9s, which while larger than the LCP is essentially just as easy to carry, I switched full time to the LC9s. I much prefer 9mm to 380, and the slightly higher capacity is a plus. But the main reason is that with the stock sights I can fire the LC9s much, much more effectively than I can the LCP. My hat is off to those of you who can shoot the LCP accurately, but I just can't seem to do it.

Vodoun da Vinci likes this.