close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My first motorcyle

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by jbvspec, Feb 27, 2005.

1. jbvspec

jbvspec
    Expand Collapse

I just bought my first motorcycle. A 1981 Honda CM400C its dented, rusted, no longer shiny, and torn, but I absolutely love it and it is a blast to ride. Im not sure what makes me more giddy riding it or, having the knowledge that I finally convinced the wife to let me get it.

2. Glock30fan

Glock30fan
    Expand Collapse
    Cmbt Tupperware

Sounds like a good starter motorcycle. When you drop it moving it around the garage, or slide it down the street after finding a patch of gravel, you will not have to worry about a thousand plus dollar repair job, not to mention the emotional trauma that goes with it! Have fun, ride safe! Don't forget your helmet!

3. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

I remembered my first bike. It was an old Kaw EX500. I couldn't quite afford the car AND a rice rocket, so the Kaw was the next best thing. I had a lot of fun with it on the back roads until I got cocky and slid off the road. Thank goodness I was able to scrub off a lot of speed and the only damage was scratches to the body. Of the bike, that is. The incident gave me a good awakening though.

4. greenleaf

greenleaf
    Expand Collapse

i admire your wisdom for getting a good starter bike. i have seen soooooo many idiots that want to, and sometimes do, start out riding on some thing waaaay over thier head. i have talked several people out of getting a zx10r or a hayabusa as their first bike. id like to think i possibly save their lives. kudos to you for being intelligent, good luck and safe riding....

green