My First Glock

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by TiberiusKirk, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Hello everyone. This is my first time on Glock Talk. This is actually my first Glock. I have never wanted a Glock, or even thought twice about buying one, it has always been Springfield, S&W, Ruger, Browning, etc. I just bought a Glock G30SF. I am very impressed with this gun and wish I had bought one a lot sooner. I don't think I have ever been so excited waiting for a gun to arrive. I have a friend who is a Deputy Sheriff, and he only carries Glocks. I did a lot of research and I couldn't believe all the people that trusted their lives with a Glock, and no other gun. My friend who owns a gun shop, and ordered it for me, said you could place a $1000 gun in my hand and I would say "that's nice" and pick my Glock back up. He has shot over 20,000 rounds through it without a missfire. I guess that sums up what a Glock is all about.

One question. I bought an extended slide release and 2 G21 13 round magazines with sleeves. I can put 12 rounds in it and it will click in place fairly easy, but with 13, it is too hard to click in place normally. Is this normal for a new Glock magazine?

Thanks and I am a Proud Glock owner.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

:welcome: and yes glocks are awsome i used to only do sigs and H&K but have since drunk the kool aid. I am now a believer. as far as the magazine goes it is absolutly common on almost all new glock magazines. load it to capacity and let it sit like that for a little bit to loosen it up. also go to the range and run some rounds through it. it will all break in

3. Thanks for the answer. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need to return the mags. Have a great day

4. :welcome: Enjoy GT....................

5. Welcome to the forum!

6. Python-Hunter

Python-Hunter NRA Life Member

:welcome:
    Welcome from Illinois! Enjoy!

7. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

:welcome:

8. Hi welcome.... :)

9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

10. If the 30SF had been around when I was buying 1911's I wouldn't have three of them!!!

Best.

11. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the site.

12. Welcome from MN !
    All my new mags. are loaded and sit for a while before I range test them. My SD mags. are well tested before I carry. I would have to say that I have never had a bad Glock mag.

13. Welcome from IL.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app