close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My first Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by intenseneal, Jan 13, 2013.

1. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

:welcome: and congrats

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. intenseneal

intenseneal
    Expand Collapse

Well The gunsmith at Glockmeister told me it had broken at some point so I have no idea. If you look back at the pics of my lower you can see that the ejector was short even when I first got it. I never had a problem with it until the trigger spring broke. I know how to operate it even with a broken trigger another reason I choose Glock, had it been a 1911 I would be done/dead in a life death situation. Seems weird that Glockmeister would have been wrong on something like that but I can see the the difference in the pics. Range time is now needed to see how the gun shoots and ejects with the new parts.

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse
    RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

That's how I saw what it was - here's a pic of my 1994 vintage G22 with the original short ejector (that works just fine).
    [​IMG]

You had a problem with the ejector?

Excellent! All too many people don't seem too interested in learning that. One thing I find to be outstanding about Glocks is how often they keep on working after they break!

Never having been there, I know very little of Glockmeister's, is it a one man operation? Or do they employ people that may be less experienced with the older Glocks? I've been doing this since I got my first Glock in the spring of 1986 right after they started importing them.....experience can be a great thing.

Enjoy your G23, it's great package. Here's the one I carried for the last 12 years of my career...the bottom one.
    [​IMG]

4. intenseneal

intenseneal
    Expand Collapse

No never had a problem with the ejector. Glockmeister has 2 locations and they have 2-3 people working in the stores and always have a Glock certified gunsmith in house. I guess they just did not know that older Glocks have a shorter ejector but that is fine it was cheap and because they swapped in a new trigger housing they found the 8lbs trigger spring. Yeah I was amazed that I had a malfunction at some point but the gun operated fine at the range and it must have broke while at the range. Cant wait to shoot it again with the new trigger parts I should get tighter groups now. Is it normal for LE Glocks to have the heavier 8lbs spring? Nice pair of Glocks you have there.

#24 intenseneal, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  5. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic
    Expand Collapse

Good find, welcome to the club!

6. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse

nice pick-up! good deal

7. intenseneal

intenseneal
    Expand Collapse

8. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse
    RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

It's not uncommon.

When switching to auto pistols from revolvers, a lot of police agency's felt that the standard 5lb trigger pull on Glocks was too light and thus required an 8lb pull.

An 8lb trigger can be done two ways, an 8lb connector with a coil trigger spring, or a 5lb connector with a NY1 trigger spring.

Your's appears to have had an 8lb connector and the coil spring, which was always my preference, I had an 8lb connector in my first G17 for about 20 years. Yes, I used it that way to win a lot of matches over the years. :)

9. Kamo

Kamo
    Expand Collapse

Nice find at a great price. Enjoy and be safe. Welcome :)

10. mongo356

mongo356
    Expand Collapse

Very cool G23.

The Tru-dot sights I think are actually Meprolight sights, my CNW G22 came with factory Meprolight sights that the front is staked in (still tight).

You have the slide marked 40 "SW" Glock stopped producing the S&W on the slide. If I recall correctly- I read it was because he didn't want someone else's name (S&W, winchester, remington etc.) on his gun.

Listen to Butch and you will learn a bunch about Glocks.

11. mongo356

mongo356
    Expand Collapse

double tap

#31 mongo356, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  12. intenseneal

intenseneal
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I can see why LE would want a heavier trigger pull. I thought it was a good trigger the way it was but now I love it, but range time will tell more. Now I really want the SS RSA from Glockmeister.

13. intenseneal

intenseneal
    Expand Collapse

What is engraved on the slides? Is it for your LE department, assuming from your post ect that you are a former/retired police officer or some form of LE.

14. intenseneal

intenseneal
    Expand Collapse

Picked up the Glockmeister SS recoil spring assembly today for my Glock.