close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My First Big Trauma Run

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by PBR_Cowboy, May 18, 2005.

1. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

Jan 31, 2002
    Jacksonville, Fl
    We had a major accident involving a Canadian tour bus filled with 41 French speaking travelers. Parlez vous la francais? Me niether! Triage was a bit interesting....

2. yeah, I bet... triage was deff. not fun in this case either, I gess I got kinda lucky considering all I had was c-spine.

3. Glkster19

Glkster19

May 12, 2001
    Lansing, MI

Out of Kalamazoo? Worked with them several times if it's the same West MI Aircare.

4. jlw_84

jlw_84 General Glocker

Nov 8, 2002
    Midwest
    He is refering to University of Cincinnati's Air Care Unit. Its what we use in this area of Northern Kentucky.

Where I also run in Ohio we use 3 differant flight services, Aircare from UC, Cincinnati, Careflight from Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, and MedFlight out of Columbus Ohio.

5. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mar 20, 2003
    Land of the toothless!
    You only had one patient, which means you didn't do triage. The difficulties you had were with patient assessment.

Anyway, language barriers really suck.

I worked a MVA with a car load of Mexicans and not a one of them spoke English and some of them were critical. I just treated what I saw and found, nothing else you can really do.