Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

My first Benchmade.

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Cam83, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

Jan 6, 2008
    I'll throw another recommendation behind the 810. I have the black with half-blade serrations, and thanks to the reverse tanto blade there's still enough smooth blade cutting area that you don't even notice the serrations unless they're needed.

For someone with larger hands, I like that the grip is "grippy" and is big enough to hold.
  2. I respect Benchmade as a knife maker and I like a lot of their products, but for some reason, I don't own any yet. I like flippers. The 300SN flipper is a tad small for my tastes, but I hope that sells well enough that BM comes out with other flipper models.

I don't see Emerson coming out with flipper models any time soon, the the best that could be done would be a ghetto wave on an Axis/Flipper.

3. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    I have actually though about trying to get a new blade custom made for my Rukus (love it that much) to get my wishes there. I do MUCH prefer the Axis lock to Emersons liner lock, but for my EDC purposes the wave usually trumps all. My flipper desire is largely fueled by your comments a while back about its benefits.
  4. glock_19guy1983

Sep 8, 2002
    I bought this mini rukus auto a few years ago and had the blade replaced a few months ago. Benchmade went through the knife and cleaned and repaired everything. Awesome customer service.
    And after
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Sep 1, 2005
    NW IN
    I love my Griptillian. Going on 10 years. Mine is 440c from before they switched to 154cm as the standard. But it still takes and holds a great edge, and as you can see, I haven't spend those years babying it.

This is my favorite blade shape too. Sturdy with a slight curve to the edge but still flat enough to sharpen super easily on a stone or sharpmaker.
  6. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Those are my favorite pocket clips. What don't you like about the deep carry stock ones?