close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My First AR Build...FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by billyblooshoes, Jan 23, 2010.

1. finally got things all together guys! god am i so happy. hopefully next weekend i will have time to get her to the range. the upper was bought at my area gun shop, used, but never fired. Rock River Arms with Daniel Defense (or so i was told), freefloat system, and the Rock River Combat Riser. only thing i need to take care of is the gas key stakes. they are not that great to say the least. lower consists of M&P stripped lower, DD LPK, Magpul MOE stock and grip and trigger guard. oh and the best part...total price: $850 all said and done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

Oct 1, 2009
    Helotes, Texas
    Looks sweet! Let us know how she performs.

3. thanks man. will do. hoping to get it out next weekend.

4. thanks.

by the way, can anyone confirm or deny that the freefloat rail system is indeed daniel defense or something else from the pics?

5. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Not sure what it is but it aint a DD or LaRue.

6. hmm. well at least i know what it ISNT :crying:. hopefully someone will be able to call it.

7. ah thank you. thats kinda what i was thinking, but as im a noob to this im not very qualified at making calls like that.

8. RMTactical

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I thought that at first but I don't see that exact railed forearm on YHM's website.

9. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

Oct 1, 2009
    Helotes, Texas
    I haven't seen a YHM with the slotted holes in the rails.

10. hmm. i guess the mystery continues.

11. nice! thanks a lot.

12. jobob

jobob

Apr 1, 2005
    Lewiston, Idaho
    I was thinking it was a YHM too, because of the looks of the locking nut at the rear. Maybe RRAs are contracted out to YHM.

13. RMTactical

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Good find. I spent a few minutes looking around to see who made it but couldn't find it.

14. BOSS302

BOSS302 Pain is tempora

Apr 1, 2008
    Louisiana
    It's made by Yankee Hill. They machine the rails for RRA, at least they did as of a year ago.

15. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop

They are definitely, absolutely, YHM manufactured rails. RRA specs them, YHM builds them. It's not a bad thing, just the way it works.