My first AK.

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by MeanAction, Oct 10, 2012.

1. As far as weight savings go, I agree with cutting weight on the front of the rifle. It does make the rifle easier to handle.
    I learned this through experimenting with different set ups, various handguards, vfg, AFG, etc.
    I eventually ended up with an Ultimak gas tube with a micro red dot on it and a K-Var lower handguard on both my AKs and this is what I plan to stay with for the foreseeable future. I find it to be ergonomically comfortable, light weight, and heat resistant. Basically, it's a high speed low drag set up to help combat my low speed and high drag. lol

Everyone is different, so YMMV.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 HWI, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. MeanAction

MeanAction MeanAction

Upon further review my Reflex sight weights 7.6 ounces not 11. So, if it hits the mark I'll stay with it since the weight difference is less than double instead of more than double. I think you're right about the primary arms micro, they are sold out of those bad boys everywhere it seems. I still like the look of the micro that's not to say that I will like shooting it though. I think I'm going to spend my hard earned cash on mags and ammo though.

3. Solid call.
    In my experience training always trumps gear.

4. MeanAction

MeanAction MeanAction

Ok. I took off the guards and the light. Wow, it's not only weights less it looks killer too. Plus, the folding stock locks up tight with the guards off. Thanks for the suggestions.

5. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. Well lets get another pic...

7. MeanAction

MeanAction MeanAction

I tried and my damn iPhone wouldn't do the job. I work nights and I 've been working the last few nights, 12 hour shifts, so Sunday afternoon I can revisit an attempt. It looks great. I actually lost the VFG and put on a AFG. The underfolder locks right around the triangular bump on the grip.