close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My first 1911 build

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by denn1911, May 30, 2011.

1. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    I am taking the plunge into my first 1911 build with some help from a friend. I just ordered parts from Ed Brown, Wilson, C&S, EGW and Nowlin. Suggestions/advice/opinions are always welcome. Here are pics of the frame and slide.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. Mr. Gekko

Mr. Gekko

Aug 27, 2010
    :cool:

knedrgr is wrapping up a nice build of his own. He or Quack would be good people here to ask about tinkering with 1911's.

3. That looks mighty familiar... I just finished a similar frame kit from Remsport, except mine has a rail frame with a slab slide.

Here's my build posting:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1332963

I like the kit, and it's pretty nice. Some of the pin holes are undersize, so you might need to bore it out. Way better than oversize pin holes.

[​IMG]

4. BryGuy

BryGuy YUT UGHHHH!

Jul 21, 2010
    On my couch
    Very cool. I look forward to seeing the finished pistol.

5. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Thanks guys. I apologize for the pic quality. Good eye- it is a Remsport frame and slab side slide. I was very tempted to get the railed frame. Your build looks great by the way.

6. What coating is on that slide?

BTW, you might need to get a grip bushing tap. My grip bushings didn't want to go on. And it looked like they were tapped before the frame got grounded down.

[​IMG]

7. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    I'm not sure what the finish is on the slide. When I asked about the slide, he just said that it was a carbon slide. My plan is to black melonite the frame and slide or an OD finish on the frame with a black finish on the slide.

8. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Thanks for the heads up on the grip bushing tap. The only thing that I've done so far is clean an lube the slide/frame and work the slide back and forth about 600 times. The frame to slide fit seems very good with no wobble side to side. Being a noob, I'm trying to learn as much as I can step by step.

9. Remsport. Do a search Noob!!! :tongueout: :rofl:

Talk to John 413-579-1994

10. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Remsport directly.

11. :rofl:
    Thanks for the #