close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My favorite Glock does not exist

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DLEE25, Jul 6, 2012.

1. DLEE25

DLEE25 Go Cubs

I think the best overall frame size has got to be the compact 19/23. Despite the controversy around the Gen 4's, Glock has really advanced with the short frame option. I just wish they would go a step further.

I would love to see the compact frame mated with a sub compact slide. I've seen a lot of custom grip reductions where the grips are cut on longer slides but, I would just like to see the opposite. I have a G26 gen 4 as my daily carry and am pretty confident with the shorty barrel up to 25 yards. The stubby grip is just something that I've practiced with and learned to deal with. It's a little better when I run +2 magazine extensions, but nothing beats the feel of a full compact size grip.

I think the mid sized compact frame with a shorty slide would be an excellent combination. It would not sacrifice any conceal ability since snubby revolvers with full sized grips have been comfortably carried concealed for decades. I would really love to see Glock take that route if and when it ever makes the G40.

2. dkf

dkf

The extra 1/2" of barrel does not bother me and is not any harder to conceal IWB and is of minimal difference OWB. Most people find concealing the extra grip length (I do also) is more of a problem than the extra barrel/slide length.

Honestly I like the compact slide on a subcompact frame. I put my 32 slide on my 33 frame every now and then and like the way it feels. Some day I'll chop a 32 frame down to 33 grip length.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Some believe that the most important dimension for concealability is the grip length.

4. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

[​IMG]
    Yes they do make that.

5. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

I would like to see a slim 33 in .357 SIG like the PPS.

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

Agreed. Short barrel/long grip doesn't make much sense. If I want a 19/23 grip, I'd just carry a 19/23.

7. alexhartang

alexhartang

+1

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six

8. s0nspark

s0nspark Talk is cheap!

Personally I'd like to go in the other direction... G19 grip with a G17 slide.

9. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Just must be reading my mind...

10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1099&CAT=255 should get you started if it can be used with stock 17 parts like a slide and barrel. Otherwise, a LW slide and barrel could be used.

11. s0nspark

s0nspark Talk is cheap!

12. biguns

biguns

Not sure about the slide but sorry, the G17 barrel would not go in G19 frame :-(
    It would be easier to cut the grip on the G17 than going via an extended G19 barrel (if the G17 slide would work that is)

[EDIT]: Ah.. I finally read the product info.. apparently the G17 slide WILL work on a G19!!
    /BG

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012