close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My Dog Used My Glock As A Chew Bone

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by smilach, Jan 26, 2013.

1. smilach

smilach

Aug 1, 2010
    Yes, it is true and I suppose the particulars aren't important at this point. One of my dogs got a hold of my Gen 2 Glock 23 and chewed/shredded the bottom of the grip. She managed to change (slightly) the internal dimensions of the mag well as well as the space in the back of the grip where many of us use a plug from Scherer, et al. In addition to the obvious damage, the bottom of the grip now bites into my palm. While I can still seat and extract a magazine, firing the weapon would definitely be uncomfortable!

Is this a job for Glock USA? Maybe someone who does grip reductions/repairs? Is a repair even possible or do I have to locate a new lower for my Gen 2 23?

2. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    I love how a GLOCK can get dropped out of an airplane, frozen, run over by a truck, left in a mud puddle for a week, banged with a hammer, etc, and still be in good shape... And a dog manages to make it need repairs lol.

On a serious note, I'd guess its a job for GLOCK if they'll cover it as the part you're describing is as far as I know part of the same mold as the rest of the frame so no easy swapping of parts there. A replacement frame runs in excess of 200 IIRC. Just an uneducated guess though.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    LOL thats crazy, guess your dog loves Glocks... yeah Id send it into Glock and explain to them what happend, who knows they replace it for free??? but if not then get ya a new frame from them...

4. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I'd just send it to a custom outfit and have it re-molded into a shape you like.
    I've had to replace frips on my Ruger Sp101 and a nice set of hogue wood on an N frame because of 'pit bull attack'.:supergrin:

Gotta love dogs.

5. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    ok... i gotta ask.

the **** kinda dog is that??????

6. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

May 4, 2009
    Concord, NH
  7. smilach

smilach

Aug 1, 2010
    German Wirehaired Pointer. Unlike most dogs, there are spaces in between each of her teeth so each tooth acts like its own chisel. She easily destroys the Kong for power chewer toys and even the Galileo Bones the stores say are indestructible. Several years ago she earned the name, "Sadie...Spawn Of Satan".

She doesn't know how lucky she is that the price of a good German Wirehaired Pointer puppy could buy a number of Glock 23 lowers......:steamed:

8. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    i think you can ask every gunsmith in the world, and you won't like the answers.

just my .02, i'd contact glock on this one.

9. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    Was there one in the camber?

LOL

Could have been a bad situation.

10. smilach

smilach

Aug 1, 2010
    I understand the desire for pics! Unfortunately, I dropped off my Glock at the local gun store where there are several Glock master armorers and asked them to research the options, including ordering a new lower from Glock. Depending upon the answers I may still be contacting Glock myself.

These are not my pictures, but they are almost identical to what Sadie did to my Gen 2 23.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/62897-100-project-franken-glock/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  11. Monte4283

Monte4283

Apr 24, 2010
    Michigan
    Ouch...

Don't be too hard on her, Everyones first stippling job usually is not pretty.

12. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    :rofl:

13. SargeMO

SargeMO

Jun 30, 2007
    Best response in the whole thread. :rofl:

One of my officers has a G22 that munched on by a mutt... cosmetic damage only in that case.

14. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    Perhaps a steel-framed pistol has a place in your inventory.

15. elijah58

elijah58

Feb 6, 2012
    Cassatt, SC
    Very surprising he didn't die of lead poisoning.......

Eli

16. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    And I thought the law was to keep guns locked up and out of reach of children???

:cool:

17. glockfanbob

glockfanbob

Aug 27, 2006
    CT
    I'd contact a reputable company to chop it to the size of the g27 grip length. Hell that's what I'd be interested in (except with a g19 upper).

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    :rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: