close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My dad gave me his unit patch...

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by SouthpawShooter, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Another vet with no problem here, though I would look into saving the original in a more secure location. It will be really cool when given to great-great grandchildren.

2. Lt Scott 14

Lt Scott 14

Mar 14, 2006
    N.W. Indiana
    It is an honor to receive and display Father's or Brother's unit patches with respect. A large picture frame with a tiger stripe bandanna background with multiple units hangs in my study from Viet Nam. My brother spent two tours with 25th Inf, 1st Aviation(67-68) as a door gunner, and sent me unit patches, per mission flown, a week. The count is over 100 and also has Sgt chevrons, Air Wings, even a couple of Vietnamese(ARVN) Tiger patches. He was amazed at how the framed patches looked next to each other and said that it was a memory trip to the past. Even have his name tapes(old style in white w/black print) and collar brass(crossed rifles-infantry). Save the originals!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

3. Blackhawk2001

Blackhawk2001

Mar 22, 2012
    My dad gave me his dogtag chain when I went into Basic Training in 1970. I wore them for years with my dogtags.