close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My custom Norinco 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Fanner50, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Fanner50

Fanner50 NRA Endowment

Sep 3, 2001
    Florida
    This is the ugly duckling that can lay golden eggs. The only thing Norinco is the frame, slide, and barrel. Most all of the internals are Wilson and Wolf. She shoots better than I can. Two club member gunsmiths traded this gun back and forth for several years, and with every trade they added, fine tuned, and refined the Norinco until it was pretty much perfect. Then, they got high end Kimber fever, and that's how I ended up with the Norinco. This Norinco will feed everything you give it, and it never fails to eject an empty.
    She ain't pretty, but she sure can dance. :supergrin: I think the previous owners are regreting their decision to sell it. Oh well.....................
    Here she is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Cool.

Norincos are built from some of the hardest steel around.

3. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

May 4, 2007
    Smallville
    There are smiths that either charge more to work on a Nork or simply refuse. It's the quality of the steel that sets it apart, which isnt what most would expect from a Chinese piece. Nevertheless, it's a fact. Good luck if you think you'll ever wear it out,lol.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010