My Chinese Made Pardner Pump Defender Is AT LEAST = to Buddy's Remmy 870

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Durden, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Bren

Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I think they learned that from Ruger.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Kilrain

Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

Apr 25, 2001
    On the road to Shambala
    I believe you are referring to my comment which was:

Whether a Chinese made AK is as "nice" as a Russian or Yugoslavian AK is just as irrelevant as whether the Pardner is as "nice" as an 870 Police model. Functionally, they are equivalent for their intended purposes, best I can tell.

Parts on the Pardner, with the exception of the barrel, are interchangeable with an 870. I've swapped bolts, trigger groups, forearms, etc between my Pardner and my 870 and they work fine. I'd suppose that used and/or new 870 parts are much easier to come by than trying to get individual pieces from China but I admit I've not inquired about what type of support H&R provides, if any.

#42 Kilrain, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  3. clancy

Expand Collapse

Feb 16, 2011
    I am reading a book right now, The Forsaken, which tells about Americans who immigrated to the Soviet Union during the Great Depression. It was the only time during our country's history that more people left the US than came to it.

It tells how Henry Ford had a factory built in Russia to build cars and trucks. it was common for them to roll off the assembly line missing parts. Not just minor parts, but things like sparkplugs, steering wheels, and sometimes whole engines. By 1936 it cost on average $20,000 to build a Model A in the Soviet Union, and more often than not the car would not run, or could not be driven.