close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My butt hurts...

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by NavyMSU, Sep 11, 2013.

1. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Hahah, a 'butt hurt' thread with a different meaning!

Been talking about numb-butt at work lately.

I write software, and except for the rare meetings, occasional bathroom breaks and walks down to the cafeteria for lunch, I sit all day long.

A cancer survivor turned hardcore triathlete friend of mine recommended an exercise ball for a chair.
    [​IMG]

It's been just over an hour now, my butt is no longer numb, and either I am discovering my first hernia or I'm already feeling the impact on my abdomen/core.

Wow. $20-$30 at any sporting goods store, and I'm comfortable, more awake after lunch, and feeling the burn!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. Bigpoppie50

Bigpoppie50

Oct 2, 2010
    I hope for real you are not feeling your first hernia because I just had hernia surgery last year and it was not fun at all.

3. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I wasn't trying to make light of hernias... I am definitely feeling the abdominal exercise resulting from holding myself up and not relying on a backrest.

My back muscles should be sore tomorrow too.. But I have back pain problems and strengthening my back is most likely a very good thing (no prior surgeries, just fat).

4. pal2511

pal2511

Sep 15, 2002
    KS
    Sounds rough. I have to sit a lot some days but its usually in a busted car seat frequented by getting up and down with lots of extra weight on my body. :).

Exactly why I would love a job where I get to sit :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    This is the easiest exercise I've ever done. Sure, others are more enjoyable, but I'm at work, so anything I can do without thinking about it is bonus!

6. BradD

BradD

Jun 22, 2000
    KY
    Very cool. What makes you think you might have a hernia?

7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    when you said your butt hurt I thought you were an Alabama fan....

8. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    It was something of a subtle joke: the exercise my abdominal muscles were getting had an immediate impact that I could feel.

You took the subtle joke too seriously.

However, I'm sitting on it again today, and took a moment to sit in my old chair to add a bit more air to the ball, and the chair immediately was uncomfortable.

World of difference..

9. kahoys

kahoys

Feb 11, 2005
    Might have to toss those front bucket seats, and get me two of those as replacements.:faint: