close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My AT&T contract is up. Considering a no contract phone. Input?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by w30olds, Feb 19, 2012.

1. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    I been paying way too much .My two year contract expires next month so thanks for the info.

2. w30olds

w30olds

Mar 27, 2003
    Braselton, GA
    So I bought a Straight Talk phone that works on the Verizon network. Basic phone. Samsung. It gets great coverage at my home which at&t did not. So far no dropped calls, or dead areas. The new phone works in all the areas that my iPhone didn't. It's $30 a month which my at&t bill was usually $90+ a month, so saving $60 a month now. I'm pleased so far with the switch.

When I cancelled with at&t they were unsympathetic with me as to be expected. For several months I told them about the bad reception and they told me it was the SIM card. I had it replaced. Same issue. Then I was told it was the towers. Then was told to reset the phone. All of which did nothing to improve the reception. I had repeated dropped calls, dead zones, and no service areas. Add a $90 phone bill onto that and changing was a no brainer. So when my contract expired I fired them. Best decision I've made in awhile.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

3. w30olds

w30olds

Mar 27, 2003
    Braselton, GA
    No problem. I'm happy with my decision. Try one of the prepaid companies on the Verizon network. Seems to have really great coverage and the price is awesome.