Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

My 21 rattles

Discussion in 'The 21 Club' started by Jim S., Aug 31, 2009.

1. Some interesting stuff about my 21SF. I hope it helps anyone else who has found this.
    The 13 round magazines rattle like heck when you put 13 rounds in them.
    I've tried the palm slap - hard enough to hurt.
    I've tried everything I can think of but the rounds rattle around in the magazine like they are loose and not being held under spring tension.
    If I load 12 rounds into the mag they do not make noise...
    until I put the mag into the gun. The extra pressure of the top round hitting the slide makes it rattle when I walk. Not good.
    When I put 13 rounds in the mag and then put it into the gun...
    guess what?
    The extra pressure on the top round then makes it stop rattling.
    Glock perfection hey? :supergrin:
  2. My Glock30 and 27 do the same thing. When mags loaded to capacity, one always rattles around. When you put the mag into the gun, it stops rattling..

3. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Sep 30, 2006
    the rounds stack in such a way to cause a gentle rattle of a round in the middle...

Cant hear it shooting....! :)
  4. That's true, but while I'm walking with a concealed weapon it just sounds strange that I rattle while I walk.
  5. Whistle while you walk. Or take a car.
  6. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    I had this problem with my G23.
  7. xaircav

May 17, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    All three of mine rattle with no apparent effect on function.
  8. all the ratteling should end inside of the skumbags
  9. AJSully421

AJSully421 Armed Citizen

Apr 19, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    My G21 rattles when empty, but does not when a full mag is pressed up against the bottom of the slide.

Does not affect accuracy, but can help it keep firing with crap all jammed up in it... so I do not complain.
  10. Todesengel

Todesengel No Compromise.

Apr 17, 2004
    Houston, TX
    get used to it! :rofl:

Seriously's your of mine rattles too.
  11. Shotgunner

Shotgunner The Maven

Jan 7, 2003
    Southern California
    I have one that rattles, and eight that don't. I generally carry one in the gun and two in the pouches. When I put the one that rattles in the gun it's quiet, that generally solves the problem. I marked that one to ensure it goes in first.

I have had no problems with any of the mags other than that. I try to rotate the various other mags to prolong spring life. You can't walk around all day with a mag rattling, it will begin to annoy you and the people around you. After a while someone is going to want to pepper spray you.