close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My 2011 Archery Season Buck Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by DEPUTY346, Oct 4, 2011.

1. DEPUTY346

DEPUTY346 Deputy Sheriff

Apr 15, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I shot this 8 pointer with my Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow with 125 grain Rage Broadheads. This is my first 8 Pointer ever. Just too excited to hold it in.

[​IMG]

2. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Feb 1, 2006
    S.A. TEXAS
    Cool , I don't like bow hunting only rifle but I'm very happy for you. I think more people should take to the woods so they can appreciate nature .

3. Congrats

I'm hunting 2 more weekends of archery season and then we have one more week of x-bow. I plan to hunt x-bow with my recurve also during that season.

I haven't seen a deer yet btw.

4. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Western Colorado
    Nice work, Deputy. Anyone who can take big game with a bow is doing pretty good. Have to ask though, did you really arrow him out behind the garage? :wavey:

5. DEPUTY346

DEPUTY346 Deputy Sheriff

Apr 15, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    No Sir, I actually earned this one; consistent glassing and patterning really paid off. :whistling:

6. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    Congrats! They don't let us use crossbows here. I wish they would. I have a friend that hunts with bow from a climbing tree stand every year and he gets 3 or 4. I just don't have the patience. You have to get fairly close. Nice pic.

7. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Deputy,

Absolutely, splendid! Congrats, hopefully, you can swing getting him mounted. It's worth every penny!!!!:cool:

8. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    Were at in PA?

I went out a few times in northern PA (Tioga County) rifle hunting and never seen a thing. I considered Bow hunting, but I just suck at a shooting a regular compound bow. When they OK'ed Crossbows in PA I have really considered getting into that.

9. g36user

g36user

May 26, 2008
    from town to town
    Congrats Deputy!

Great looking critter there. You also have a good bow set up.

I just picked up a x-bow and am getting it sighted in. I've shot a compound for a few years and haven't gotten as consistent with it as I'd like. Thankfully, they allow x-bows throughout the season where I live (and I do hunt behind my garage :cool: ).

Have any plans for getting out some more or are your tags filled?

Regards,

g36user