my 1st 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by ram1000, Oct 7, 2012.

1. I'll check out the Colt grips as well thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I recently bought a Kimber Custom II (my first 1911). It was love at first shot, more accurate than any other automatic pistol I own, but it will never be the first pistol I grab for a bump in the night. I bought the 1911 for the history behind the platform, it is the father of most popular modern handguns around today. It will be popular long after we are all gone. A Glock will be what I grab for bumps in the night, probably my Glock 21 SF with TR-1 installed. Glocks will be popular long after we all are gone as well.

3. It could be worse!! You could have started off with a pt1911.
  4. I thought I was going to read a post about another 1911 convert, I guess not. I entered the military at 17 and was issued a 1911, it has been a love affair ever since. I own glocks, sigs, rugers, and smiths but nothing I have held compares to a 1911.

As for the OP, try the hogue grips, I do not understand the "soft" thing but if soft is what you like then they should have something to fit your need.
  5. Kimber makes Rubber Grips... Look on their sites... I have them on my Springfield TRP.

And... If plastic Guns are the REAL THING...

Why did the MARINES just sign a contract with COLT to Purchase 1911's AGAIN AFTER 100 YEARS for SPECIAL FORCES??!!??

I'm sure Glocks would have been a lot cheaper.