Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

my 1st 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by ram1000, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ram1000

Dec 3, 2011
    Northeast Oregon
    I'll check out the Colt grips as well thanks.
  2. coondawg477

Oct 14, 2012
    Rapid City, SD
    I recently bought a Kimber Custom II (my first 1911). It was love at first shot, more accurate than any other automatic pistol I own, but it will never be the first pistol I grab for a bump in the night. I bought the 1911 for the history behind the platform, it is the father of most popular modern handguns around today. It will be popular long after we are all gone. A Glock will be what I grab for bumps in the night, probably my Glock 21 SF with TR-1 installed. Glocks will be popular long after we all are gone as well.

3. matt_lowry123

Nov 23, 2008
    owensboro KY
    It could be worse!! You could have started off with a pt1911.
  4. TTM65

Jul 5, 2006
    Central Florida
    I thought I was going to read a post about another 1911 convert, I guess not. I entered the military at 17 and was issued a 1911, it has been a love affair ever since. I own glocks, sigs, rugers, and smiths but nothing I have held compares to a 1911.

As for the OP, try the hogue grips, I do not understand the "soft" thing but if soft is what you like then they should have something to fit your need.
  5. Roydrage

May 24, 2012
    Kimber makes Rubber Grips... Look on their sites... I have them on my Springfield TRP.

And... If plastic Guns are the REAL THING...

Why did the MARINES just sign a contract with COLT to Purchase 1911's AGAIN AFTER 100 YEARS for SPECIAL FORCES??!!??

I'm sure Glocks would have been a lot cheaper.