close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My 15 round A.A. 17/22 mags Part 1

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jgrider, Feb 12, 2012.

1. jgrider

jgrider

Mr moderator
    If I posted in the wrong forum I apologize. I didn't know where else to go. Please move it if you have to

I've been using this mod for about a month and except for the occasional next rnd stripped out of the mag doing a bullet nose tipping up into the chamber edge it works fine. I think my problem here is the new recoil spring I installed. It's throwing the timing off by doing a bolt over case scenario (bullet too slow coming up in front of the slide)

I knew how to make this mod work back in 09, but A.A. wasn't selling mag parts back then.

For the the 15 rnd G17 mag capacity you'll need to buy an A.A. G26 follower $5.00 and an A.A. G26 plunger $4.00 or make your own plungers like I did for my 13 rnd. mod, only shorter.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1009833&page=2 post 49 on down.

There's some other mods I did listed there like mag lip mod, stiffer extractor spring using a S&W revolver spring, reshape extractopr and extractor groove etc.

[​IMG]

First thing I did was to note the position of the protruding slide lock / release tab of a factory mag, because this is where I wanted the G26 follower to end up

[​IMG]

When I dropped in the G26 follower I noticed that the spring tunnel was tapered at the top so that the G17 spring wasn't makeing contant with the G26 follower

[​IMG]

So I used a lettered drill bit (size x) to ream out the spring tunnel. Very little reaming is needed. I put the bit in a vise and turned the mag by hand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. jgrider

jgrider

The follower was still a little to tight, so I took an equal number of swipes with a file on each side of follower wings until it dropped in freely

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

everything working good this way now ??

4. jgrider

jgrider

Other than the occasional bullet tip up the mod is working fine for me. It only happens in one of my five mags. I do believe my problem is caused by the new recoil spring. The tip ups are happening less. When I put in the old weak spring it doesn't happen at all, but I have misfires because that spring is so old that at times doesn't have enough tension to fight against the firing pin spring and push the slide into battery.

I was going to bash the quality of the A.A. springs until I read some of my old posts I didn't realize how long my wife's had this unit. Since 09 she shoots it, at home, three times a week, about 150 rnds each time. The spring replacements were long overdo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012