close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MWG Magazines

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Darkangel1846, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Jul 19, 2004
    Oregon
    Sometime ago someone posted the MWG web site and said they had some 40 round AR magazines for $26.00 each. I took a chance and went ahead and ordered a few and just got them yesterday.
    Now the ad says they are "steel reinforced", but up on examination I fail to see any steel reinforcement. In fact the mags are kinda thin walled zytel construction. Won't be able to hit the range for a while to test them out. Anyone have any expierence with these magazines? Just want to know if I and many others have been ripped off? Thanks for any response.:wavey:

http://www.mwgco.com/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Tarant

Tarant

Jan 15, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    Interesting, maybe it has steel ribs molded into the plastic walls. Have you pulled it apart and looked inside?
    Let us know after the range report.

Look at it this way if they work great, if they kinda work they will be range mags and if they dont work with your ar you could always sell them, Hell in a world of $90 p mags you could sell em easy

3. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Pull the spring and run a magnet over the magazine.