close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muzzleloading Success Today

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by OH37, Dec 27, 2003.

1. OH37

OH37
    Expand Collapse

Today was the opening day of muzzleloader season in Ohio. I videoed my friend shooting a doe at 25 yds. this morning. Then he videoed another friend shooting a doe at 20 yds. this afternoon. There were also three misses by guys in our group. Only one of the misses was caught on video though. I saw a total of 22 deer. I'm all tagged-out, but It's fun to get out and video for your friends. You get to be a part of the excitement, and if you get the footage; then they have it to watch and enjoy forever...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony
    Expand Collapse
    NRA4EVR

Could you post the video here on GT?

3. OH37

OH37
    Expand Collapse

I would have absolutely no clue where to start. I wish I could though. We've gotten 11 or 12 bowkills on video over the years. also, I have to admit, there are probably 6 or 7 archery misses. All part of the fun, right?

4. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony
    Expand Collapse
    NRA4EVR

Oh yea, it is why we call it hunting rather than shooting.

Anyway, I don't know what software and equipment would be used to get a film online. I am just not up on such technology.

5. mudfootball

mudfootball
    Expand Collapse

Isnt the muzzleloading season great? People just dont know what they are missing. I see more in the late season then in the rifle season. So what were you shooting? in-lines, percussion or flintlocks?
    kt

6. OH37

OH37
    Expand Collapse

My buddies all shoot in-lines, I'm just the camera man. The late muzzleloading season here in Ohio is incredible. The deer start to yard-up, so you usually don't just see one or two. When they come through, you may see a group of 8, 10, or 12. Definitely gets exciting! Especially since you know you're only going to get one shot and they're gone.
    I can remember 3 or 4 years ago when bowhunting in late January; seeing anywhere from 8 to 14 deer every single evening hunt. I was after one particular buck, so I never shot. I think I "passed" 9 different bucks in 4 hunts. That was fun! I never got that particular big buck, but I found his sheds; and several of the sheds from the other bucks that I saw. Including one double drop-tine buck that I rattled-in and passed in November.(This little buck was beautiful! He looked like he was only 1 1/2 yrs. old. Small body, 6pt., with a 2" drop on each side.)
    Now you got me all fired-up to go shed hunting. The last 4 or 5 years, I think I've enjoyed shed hunting as much, if not more than actual hunting. Isn't it cool how you change and evolve as you get older?