close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Muzzle Brake shroud

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Travclem, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    Like a lot of folks, I run a brake suppressor mount on my SBR to save wear and tear on the blast baffle. The blast had become a major nuisance for shooting unsuppressed me since hearing protection isn't always handy/available. I found a company who makes a shroud for YHM and AAC suppressor mounts that directs the blast forward similar to the Noveske KX3. I got one for my SBR and for my purposes it is awesome. It also helps keep the soot off of my light.

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=brake+shield

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    I might look into one of those or actually get rid of my mirucek or whatever it's spelled.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

3. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
  4. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    I wish I would have heard of this before I decided to put a Troy Claymore on my 11.5" pistol (unfired until the Form 1 comes in). I have a few AAC mounts collecting dust right now.

Sent from my ADR6350

5. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I heard that the Claymore is pretty obnoxious, never heard one in person though. I like this setup because I can take it off and put on my suppressor.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    It is not obnoxious at all on a 16" midlength. In fact the few female shooters that shot it preferred it over the A2 and Blackout flash hider AR's I bring o the range. From a shooters perspective, it is not a problem at all. As an observer anywhere 180* in front of the muzzle... well, sucks for you. On the side and behind, also not an issue.

Sent from my ADR6350

7. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    That is what I'm looking for. Something like the Claymore. Last week when I had to qualify I warned the guy next to me about the muzzle blast to the side. He didn't believe me until the first shot nearly knocked his hat off.