close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Muslims Stone Christians near Jakarta

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by DonGlock26, May 18, 2012.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001

2. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    I've seen you post that in response to threads where Muslims have done something jacked up. What is your point?

3. Merely reprimanding those bad, bad Muslims. There is no question that there are Muslims committing atrocious acts, but there are Christians here that act as if not condemning those acts is implicitly condoning them -- or at least that appears to be the standard applied to the atheists here.

As sad as the stories often are, most of them aren't particularly interesting and worthy of comment, at least to me. That is not meant to be cruel, but what if somebody posted a thread every time that a girl was raped along with her photo, hopes and dreams? As horrible as each rape is, is every one worthy of discussion? Now what if not commenting on how horrific each one is meant that you must be a supporter of, or at least sympathetic to, people who rape little girls?

That is the reason I jump in to admonish the bad guys.

-ArtificialGrape

4. creaky

creaky Pamwe Chete

Dec 12, 2007
    The Orion Spur
    Everyone knows where your sympathies lie. No need to keep up the reminders.

Sad.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    No doubt it was a peaceful stoning. They probably retired to their mud huts afterward for a nice meal of sate jamu.

6. Perfect example of what I'm talking about from another thread.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  7. Feel free to show where I've been sympathetic to Islamic terrorism.

Thanks.

8. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Why don't we get to stone someone sometime? Turnabout is fair play.

9. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Yes, remember the item I posted a while back on the Indonesian concentration camp for 'infidels', complete with barbed-wire fencing? To AM, that's the equivalent to a child abuse case by a single Christian parent.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  10. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Where did I say that? Could you point it out specifically please?

11. creaky

creaky Pamwe Chete

Dec 12, 2007
    The Orion Spur
    All one has to do is read your posts in this thread. Pretty simple, really.

12. creaky

creaky Pamwe Chete

Dec 12, 2007
    The Orion Spur
    You dont have to say things specifically. The whole body of your writing is what condemns you.

13. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    I get where you are coming from but the response seems dismissive and disingenuous. Christians do bad things also, sometimes because of their religion but in comparison, the numbers of such incidents in Islamic culture are epidemic.

Christianity and Judaism have evolved to be benign for the most part. Islam has not done so in anywhere near the same context.

While Islam is certainly not the greatest threat to the US/the World it is a significant religious/cultural threat. I think the Christians are giving you and others crap because they take the amount or your criticism of Christianity and not as much/lack thereof regarding Islam, as though they have parity.

14. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    Making this yet another conclusion you reach with a complete absence of supporting evidence.

15. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Honestly I can not recall a single time you took issue with Islam the same way you do Christianity. Same with Grape. I think that is why you both get accused of being Christian haters. Some constancy with religions being foul, rather than harping on just one would go a long way.

The issues I see you, Grape and others extoll about Christianity, Islam is currently guilty of ten times over.

16. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    I have, as has AG, when Muslims here have made the same kind of claims routinely made by Christians. That their holy book is absolutely true and should be followed by everyone to the exclusion of any contrary evidence. The difference is that those claims are made by Christians here every day and only rarely by Muslims, who are usually shouted down within a week and choose to leave.
    I can only respond to the posts that are made. The problem I have with threads like this one is the attempt to equate and indict all Muslims based on the actions of a minute minority of their faith, while the same actions by Christians are ignored or forgiven or explained away with an invocation of No True Scotsman.
    Harun Yahya is unquestionably as big a creationist loon as Ken Ham or Carl Baugh ever thought about being, but no one ever invokes him here, so there's no reason to bring him up.

17. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    OK I can dig on that considering there are not a lot of Muslims posting here. However when you state that it is only a minute minority of Muslims that is disingenuous. In comparison it is not a minute minority of their faith. There is no parity between modern Christians/Jews and Islam. Yes they are both guilty but to pretend that they are the same at this point and time is ridiculous.

18. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    Yesterday, snowbird quoted a number of 18,908, attacks by Muslims since 9/11. That's roughly 10 and a half years. Even if 100 different people were involved in each attack, that's 189,080 out of a population of 1.6 Billion Muslims. If .01% isn't a minute percentage what is?
    It's obvious that the majority of sectarian violence at this point in time is Muslim v. Christian and that the Muslims are frequently the aggressors. It's so obvious that constantly repeating is at best a barely concealed effort to paint all Muslims as complicit with Islamic terrorism.
    Who is pretending that? I'm pointing out that when it's violence committed by Muslims, the implication is that it is part and parcel of Islam, but that when it's violence committed by Christians, it is either explained away or (as we can see on the other ongoing thread) explained away by invoking No True Scotsman.

19. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    I nominate Juggy for the Christopher Hitchens honesty award for acknowledging the threat from radical Islam. It is clearly the #1 threat in the world today for Western style human rights we all value and take for granted.

Islam may not be a threat to us today as it is in Europe, but I have heard of a reasonable scenario where it could be. Say in 50 years (less in Europe) an area with lots of Muslims like Detroit demands Sharia Law. This is rejected by the federal government, which triggers a Chechnya-style terror war, complete with attacks on schools, blowing up apartment buildings etc.