close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Muslim Congressman (D) "America Schools Should Be Modeled after Madrassa's

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jul 6, 2012.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Muslim Congressman Andre Carson, "America Schools Should Be Modeled after Madrassa's & Use

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsVXDIn77Q"]Muslim Congressman Andre Carson, "America Schools Should Be Modeled after Madrassa's & Use Korans" - YouTube[/ame]

_

2. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    I await all the leftist progressives jumping in on this, tearing their hair and thumping their chests about the "separation of church and state."

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    :popcorn:

Got a chair? My dogs are aching.....

_

4. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Pull up a seat...We can also pop a couple of cold ones to get a jump on the heat... :cool:

5. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Sounds like a plan....... :cheers:

_

6. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

:beer: :drink:

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Huh? So you're in favor of modelling American schools after madrassas? I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea.

8. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Please re-read my post -- I don't think there was any inference of what you suggest.

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    The congessman favored religious schools - using the term "madrassa" is just substituting a foreign word for it. You implied that you don't favor separation of church and state, which is the only rule that prevents religious based schools here, so I took it that you are in favor of religious schools, rather than against them.

I guess I could have assumed a more hypocritical viewpoint - like that you are only in favor of religious schools if they choose your religion - but that would have been insulting.

10. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    too early in the day? go get a second cup of coffee and come back when you wake up

11. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    bet that muslim still gnaws a pork chop...........

12. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Bren -- my only point was to make a sarcastic aside about the hypocrisy of progressive leftists, who will always scream the "separation of church and state" mantra -- but only when it is reference to a Judeo-Christian theme.

DonGlock26 knows me well enough, and knew right off where I was coming from. Stick around long enough, and you will "get" what I'm saying also... :)

13. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    They're going after the children.

Do you think they'll convert children to Islam in these madrassa
    type schools?

I've been telling all of you that between the Islamic invasion, the homos
    and the pedophiles, our children don't stand a chance.

14. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    I doubt the libs say much, they have a tendency to embrace those who would destroy them

15. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    I have noticed that basic attitude also.

Remember a few years ago when a Christian kid got in trouble for wearing a crucifix in school but Sikh kid was allowed to wear his head dress and knife?

Or when a christian church couldn't get a permit for a prayer meeting in a city park but a group of druids were allowed to block a public sidewalk so they could worship at a concrete traffic barrier?

16. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    He's black. You won't hear a peep. Hell, the entire Black Caucus walked out to protest one of their own being held in contempt. You can't get more racist than that! Blacks pretty much have a free pass because we are a nation of cowards that won't have that national discussion on race. They won't allow it, it's a better deal for them the way it is.

17. automatic slim

automatic slim Walmart Shopper

May 28, 2007
    Disputed Territory
    Hmm. Let's see.....

Bomb making 101. That should cover chemistry and physics. PE includes "Dodge-Rock" and "Smear the Infidel". Pretty well covered. Girls will learn Hijab making and inferiority. Boys learn their way around Toyota pick-ups. Everything else seems to be covered in the Koran...

Where can I sign my kids up? :dunno:

18. nmk

nmk

Apr 25, 2007
    There's another side to that coin. What about those on the religious right who feel church and state should not be separate? How do they feel about this? What if it's not their church?

ETA: I completely agree about the hypocrisy, but I'm amazed that some people only see it on one side.

19. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

The rule should be applied equally to either side -- but IMHO, it is the left that more often (by a considerable margin) exhibits this hypocrisy.

I also think the "wall of separation" concept can be taken to ridiculous extremes -- as in cases such as those noted above, or when people file suit against the use of the words "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance, or petition to have the words "In God We Trust" removed from our currency, or sue to have Christmas removed as a national holiday.

20. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma