close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Multiple SBR uppers on single registered lower?

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by flynnstone, Aug 28, 2012.

1. flynnstone

flynnstone

Mar 8, 2004
    Ive heard that having multiple SBR uppers for a single registered lower on a form 1 is acceptable. The only condition is that the subsequent SBR uppers must have barrel lengths that exceed that of the originally registered SBR on the form 1.

So if i register a 10.5" barrel on my form 1, i can buy other larger SBR uppers, for the registered lower, as long as they are greater than 10.5".

Is this correct?

Thanks!

2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    It depends if you have other non-SBR'd lowers in your safe. This has been covered at length in other threads.

3. SmileForFlash

SmileForFlash

Dec 26, 2015
    I filed my Form 1 with a 7.5" upper which allowed me to then purchase other uppers and never really worry about the length,

4. jmack37

jmack37

Nov 4, 2004
    SE Michigan
    You can have 100 AR uppers of varying lengths all less than 16" provided you have at least one AR SBR lower.

You can have 10 regular AR lowers in the safe with your 100 AR uppers and STILL be fine as long as you also have that one SBR lower.

The barrel length as listed on your NFA paperwork does not restrict you to any particular barrel length. You can go shorter or longer as your heart desires. Same for calibers. If your paperwork lists a 15.75" barrel, there is no reason you can't go to 2.9875".

5. k4rch

k4rch

Jul 18, 2000
    Culpeper, VA
    Just to be clear, there is no such thing as a "registered lower." Either it's an SBR (with short barrel) or it's not.