multiple HD shotguns?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by G23c, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Any one have several shotguns in the same configuration for HD or car, office? I was thinking of getting my HD shotguns all set up the same regarding stocks and sights, just for consistency, training, etc. Mine are all similar, but over the years, the stocks, sights, tubes have been changed out, etc.

Am I overthinking this? (not that I overthink much) :dunno:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

My Mossberg bas a side folding Butler creek stock on it, and my 870 has a full butt stock on it.

Nothing wrong with multiple shotguns no matter how they are set up.

:cool:

3. We have 6 "social" shotguns (sub 20" barrels) and only two are the same brand.

My answer is pretty much obvious

4. President Hoover spoke of "a chicken in every pot". Well, Rooster believes in a shotgun in every room.

It's fun trying different things on different shotguns, there are so many to choose from. The bells and whistles might vary, and that's all fun and good, but I am staying with the Rem 870 as the platform because it's what I took through the training.

5. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

I can't afford more than one Surefire fore-end, so no for me.

6. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I have three similar, a 500, a 590, and a 930. Similar in same brand and control ( safety ) location. I have several others as well but those are my three primary shotguns.

7. how do you like the 590 compared to the 500? is it worth the extra coin?

8. I've owned a couple of each and yes. They're worth every penny.

9. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Depending on how rough you are with your shotguns..... the only real advantage the 590 has is that it has the metal trigger group instead of plastic. I actually have more money in my 500 because I sent it to Vang. They are both basically set up the same, my 590 has the 8 shot magazine and the 500 started as a 7 shot but when I sent it off I had them put a 5 shot magazine on it, that way I could have a lighter shotgun if I wanted, or the option of the big capacity gun. They both have Mossberg ghost rings and I am looking into stock options for the 590, it is currently wearing wood, but I am leaning towards trying the new Magpul furniture for Mossbergs.

10. Yes as far as the same action, i.e. all 870s, but no as to being exactly the same. I am looking to purchase another Speedfeed stock and get the sights to one type.

11. I think I'm going to go with same sights for consistency.

12. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I have been thinking of going to some sort of railed fore end for mine and then get a weapon light, so I can use it one any of my weapons.

13. No. And that's a whole lot of HD...one is a whole lot of HD!

But there is something to be said for same general platform, such as all 500's or 870's.

I really do not feel the need for more than one dedicated gun for indoor social use.

14. [​IMG]

#14 22highcaps, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  15. It's the Amazing Benelli Twins!:wow:

16. ^ ^ I agree. tom.:cool:

17. hmmmm those are 870's. :wavey:

18. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem
    2. Show Me Glockers

I have several of the same model 870 parked around the house. All are set up identical.

19. 12 ga: Winchester Semi Auto: Birds, rabbits, back up HD.
    Mossberg 500 Pump: 28in hunting bbl/ 18 1/2 HD bbl, All purpose
    H&R (NEF) Pardner pump: Deer hunting, 18 1/2 bbl, HD-all purpose
    H&R Survivor (single shot), Laser/light option, heat shield, Nickel finish
    has survival kit in stock compartment.
    20 ga SxS(dbl bbl) Coach gun: HD, and general purpose. Wifey's favorite!
    Who argues with a blonde, and a double barrel Shotgun?
    All have full size stocks, no folders.

#19 Lt Scott 14, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  20. I've got 2 mossberg 500s that are almost identical. But also have an 870, a double barrel, and a 500 20 ga that are different.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.