Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Multiple FireFox crashes

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Romadoc, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Romadoc

Aug 26, 2000
    Sarasota, FL
    For the last few weeks, I have been experiencing a truly inordinate number of browser crashes. Each time a screen appears asking whether to start a new session or return to the previous session. I have downloaded the new version, so I would doubt some conflict between old and new. I do note, however, that on my daughter's mac there is the large "3" on the FireFox opening page whereas on mine, also a mac, the older format remains. Has anyone else also been having crashes?
  2. SnapCraklePOP

SnapCraklePOP NRA Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    i am right there with you!

3. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Aug 25, 2005
    nope sorry man I think its either your computer, someone playing a joke on you, or incompatibility between mac and firefox. all is possible but on a mac its very unlikely that someone hacked into your computer. atleast someone you don't know and has some access to your computer.
  4. Razrbk444

Razrbk444 Sumthin' Witty Silver Member

Jul 22, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    You might try to uninstall Firefox, delete the folder it was installed in, and any trace of the program before reinstalling the latest version again.....At least that's what I would do PC.:supergrin:
  5. IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    I got so frustrated w/ FF on Linux, I stopped using it. Was having similar problems as you describe, constant browser lock ups, browser would stop responding, etc. I ended up switching to Seamonkey, and it has been perfect.

6. FF (2 and 3) on linux has for a long long time crashed (hung) whenever it executes an external program on a downloaded file such as evince on a PDF or openoffice on a DOC file.

And flash has all kinds of problems. It used to take FF down, but I found a plugin that allows the brower to stay up and only crash the flash "box" on the page.

I'm waiting for Chrome on Linux and will jump over to a new browser then.
  7. IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Flash was one of the few things I seemed to have no problems out of. It didn't seem related to accessing external programs, it just would constantly stop responding, etc.

Hopefully 3.5 will be better. FWIW, I had no probs at all out of FF2.