close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mullah! Stevie! Jack! Feeling Blue Last Night!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Zombie Steve, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Buddy just got back from A-stan a few days back, got his 550B yesterday afternoon. We set it up and turned out 1,000 rounds of 45 auto in a few hours. You might say it was flawless. Nothing broke, Jack.

The green stays on my bench for everything else, but I'll be visiting my friend to feed the 1911's from now on. Are you happy now, Ron?

Also - same buddy stopped at his dad's house in Yankee / Unionland before he drove back to Colorado. Dad gave him several shower pans he picked up from some remodel jobs. I cleaned it all up and cast it into ingots. I think this stuff is straight lead. I can bend the ingots with my hands. I might try to cast / shoot it as is and see what happens, but if I need to, anyone have suggestions of a cheap way to find tin / antimony to add to the alloy? I do not want to dip in to my precious linotype supply, and the 95/5 tin/antimony solder you can find at the hardware store here is about $18 for 8 ounces. :crying:

2. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    Nothing should break, it's Blue!
    Your best bet for affordable alloy mat'l. is clip ww. Short of that, buying super hard from Rotometals is affordable, way cheaper than store bought solder. Keep an eye out for guys selling lino on E-bay & CastBoolit forum. Sometimes you can find it for as little as $1/#. It's best bought in type form ,then you know what you are getting. A 4-1 lead/lino mix makes a good useable alloy. Water drop that if you want it harder.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

3. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Bless you my son. How many you gonna have to dismantle due to a "bad feeling" about them?

4. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Lets shoot them all tomorrow and not worry about it. You will be standing in a puddle of brass with a grin on your face. :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  5. Zombie Steve

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    All of them the loud, fun way.

6. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Anyone ever notice how Zombie never misses an opportunity to break someone else's equipment? :whistling:

Jack

7. Zombie Steve

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Good Lord, either your dementia is getting worse, or you need to lay off the morphine and scotch. Go read the first post again. NOTHING BROKE!!!

:eric:

8. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

The day ain't over yet.

Jack

9. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    At least dillon will fix it. His buddy wont be able to shoot but the part will be in the mail.

10. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO

I fixed it for you. :whistling:

Some others, not so much.