close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MTAC holster and screws

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by orgnova, Nov 22, 2011.

1. orgnova

orgnova

Feb 13, 2010
    SW Ohio
    Have the Minotaur MTAC holster, love the holster, the problem with it is I keep loosing the screws. I know, they say to check the screws frequently. What do you all use to keep the screws in place? Thought about using some blue loctite but was considering buying a shell for my g30 and want to be able to get the screws out then.

2. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    I don't think I used anything on mine but considered putting on some blue loctite. I'd go with that.

3. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    If you are worried about the Loctite use clear fingernail polish,it works. SJ 40

4. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    Blue Loctite is made for this type of use. It is easily removable, but your screws will not fall out on their own anymore.

5. Oramac

Oramac

Oct 15, 2008
    I've never used anything on the screws besides the Allen wrench that came with the holster. I check it about once a month, maybe a little less.

I have considered blue loc-tite and if I were to use something, that would be it.

6. orgnova

orgnova

Feb 13, 2010
    SW Ohio
    thanks everybody for the help. going to try the blue loctite and keep my fingers crossed the screws will come out when needed. happy holidays to all.

7. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    Happy holidays to you, too. You don't need a big glob of Loctite, just a tiny bit will do the job.

8. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    I haven't had any problems with my MTAC or CTAC screws coming loose or falling out, even after years of use.

Let us know how the blue thread locker works down the road

9. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I use Blue loctite on anything that has screws. Holsters, knives, grip screws, scope mounts, etc.

10. slickt0mmy

slickt0mmy

Jan 17, 2011
    Ohio
    As others have said, blue loctite is the key. I used it on my MTAC's screws and then decided later I wanted to trim the excess holes off of one of the clips so they wouldn't be poking out at the bottom. The screw came out perfectly fine. It was definitely not moving on its own but it was easy to remove with the allen wrench.

11. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    Another fan of Loctite 262 here. Use it on all my Comp Tac and Raven screw's. No problem removing them, but they don't come loose unless you want them to.

12. Dukedomone

Dukedomone

Dec 7, 2010
    How much Loctite do you use and how much force is required to break the bond? Thanks.

13. Deye76

Deye76

Feb 25, 2011
    As a Harley Davidson rider for 36 years Loctite® is your friend, LOL. Depending on ones weight, hip size etc., you may or may not have a problem with the screws. The blue will allow the clips to move a bit without the screws coming out. My experience for the past 9 months. YMMV.