MRDS for a GSG 522

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Pitt, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Pitt

Pitt Gangstalicious

Hey guys. I need a recommendation for an inexpensive, but serviceable mini red dot scope for my GSG 522 carbine.

Under a C note please gentlemen. Pics are appreciated if available.

Also if anyone is running a GSG type rifle with a weaponlight set up, I'd love to see it as I am trying to figure out one for my carbine even as I type this.

Thanks guys.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Any one else run an MRDS on a Glock? Sights, Optics and Lasers Aug 21, 2014

3. I run a Primary Arms Micro Dot on my GSG-522SD. Out of stock right now at Primary Arms.

I have it mounted on the plastic Picatinny rail but plan to change that rail out soon. No problems with the sight other than the co-witness is no good.

I'll get a pic tonight when I get home.

4. I bought one off Amazon that was a Chinese clone . It has red and green dots and 5 levels of light for each. I think it was 30mm and works great. I don't think it was more than $35 or so.

[ame=""]Leapers Golden Image 30mm Red/Green Dot Sight, Integral Weaver Mount (SCP-RD40RGW) : : Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@[/ame]
  5. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

#4 CigarandScotch, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  6. I have dozens of the $20-$30 BSA Red Dot sights on everything from 12 ga shotguns to 22 pistols.
    I just bought five more in the last couple months.

What can I say, they do fine.

Over the years I have had a couple BSA fail, but I have also had a couple Aimpoints and other high price Red Dots fail.

I make it a point to never "recommend' anything and certainly not a $30 sight.
    All I can say is I even use these BSA sights on all my HD guns.

#5 M2 Carbine, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013