close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Moving to Alabama do I have to register my guns?

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by therealtwitch, Dec 17, 2009.

1. therealtwitch

therealtwitch

Sep 11, 2009
    I am moving from Arizona which is not a gun registry state to Alabama. my question is simply; is Alabama a state that requires you to register your guns?

2. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Welcome to AL, where will you be living?
    No registration on handguns or long guns.
    AL doesn't allow SBRs or SBSGs, other class III stuff subject to regulations.

3. therealtwitch

therealtwitch

Sep 11, 2009
    thanks for the help. not to sure where I will be living just yet. I will be working on fort rucker. so I am looking for a place in dothan, enterprise, or ozark. I am a bit apprehensive and excited at the same time. I have never set foot in the state of Alabama, but I am told there is much to do.

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Well from Dothan it isn't far to the miracle trip of baby powder white beaches running from the FL panhandle into Alabama so summer gigs are covered. Atlanta is not far from there. Mobile has Mardis Gras (in Feb this year) but is a few hours away.
    I live in Mobile, not to familiar with Dothan. Let me know when the move is closer, I will check with friends in Dothan and get the skinny on good neighborhoods, etc...
    There might be an IDPA group in the Dothan area.

5. G22Dude

G22Dude

Jan 23, 2009
    I'm heading to AL for Christmas, man I wish I was moving there permanently

6. engineer151515

engineer151515

Nov 3, 2003
    Good synopsis

It is going to be a change from Arizona. Don't know if you're talking from northern Arizona (ie Flagstaff - hilly wooded terrain) or southern Arizona (Phoenix - hot desert), you will most likely find Alabama flat, full of trees, and more humid than you are accustomed to.

I hope you enjoy Alabama. I'm certain you'll enjoy our lower real estate costs relative to the West.

7. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    Nope! Unless you have full auto. Alabama is a Gun friendly State.

8. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY

9. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

Jun 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Humidity is not your friend!! You'll find that out this summer (begins around April, usually)
    I have a friend John Mitchell in the car business in that section of the state, sells Nissans, etc.

10. therealtwitch

therealtwitch

Sep 11, 2009
    I am moving from phoenix. so it was very hot. but with the humidity in Alabama I am glad I carry in horse hide. After looking at houses on craigslist to get a feel for things I am starting to really get excited.

but what is war eagle country?

11. engineer151515

engineer151515

Nov 3, 2003
    The great State of Alabama has a internal football rivalry between Auburn University and the University of Alabama.

"War Eagle" is a reference to the Auburn football team - The Auburn Tigers.
    (Tigers ... Eagle ... yeah, they know)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Eagle

"Bama", "Crimson Tide" or just "Tide" would refer to the Alabama football team.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Crimson_Tide

12. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    You can get a jump start and join in on the team that is at top right now if you pull for the University of Alabama Crimson Tide.

13. therealtwitch

therealtwitch

Sep 11, 2009
    you got to be kidding me I lived in texas for a few years and had to avoid the whole texas vs texas a&m battle. now its the same old war with new teams. now I have to pick one and buy a hat and sweat shirt so I have the appropriate Alabama camouflage.

14. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    yup! War Eagle!

15. therealtwitch

therealtwitch

Sep 11, 2009
    I guess this is true. I have a friend who married a woman from Ozark, and the other day she posted go alabama on her facebook (to be a fair weather fan) and every friend she had turned on her till she took it down. yall (practicing my slang) are ruthless about your football teams

16. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    welcome to Alabama.

im from Ohio so i dont care who gets beat when Auburn and Alabama play...makes me nuetral i guess.

p.s. we have all the heat of arizona but you'll need gills to breath in the summer time what with all the humidity.

17. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    y'all

18. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    One benefit to being an Auburn fan I guess....you can always put the hat on the dashboard and park in the handicap zones :tongueout:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  19. therealtwitch

therealtwitch

Sep 11, 2009
    sorry Y'ALL. and hey I aint gonna dare wear a long horns hat, or an ASU hat when I get there. this will be the first time I have ever lived in a state with out its own NFL team though.

20. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    But the "Nut House" for the mentally Challanged and insane is in Tuscaloosa. =-P

Nuts & Elephants go hand in hand. =-)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009