Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Moving or traveling to CA with Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HGxyz, Jan 19, 2013.

1. HGxyz

Apr 12, 2010
    Washington State
    I have some Glocks with high capacity magazines. Also some gen4 glocks. Is it illegal for me to travel to California with any of them? Can I move there and keep my guns?
  2. Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    1. Why would you move there?:eek:

2. You will need to get 10rd mags.

3. Macbooklover91

Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. Badger54

Badger54 CLM

Dec 16, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    That is if you can actually get a CCW.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  5. HGxyz

Apr 12, 2010
    Washington State
    Very interesting. Suppose I moved to California and left my magazines here. Then my 102 year old uncle brought them down and gave them to me right before he died. I possess the magazines legally and don't have to say or prove how I got them. My uncle could have been prosecuted for importing, but he's safe from that now:
    1. California restricts certain things about magazines greater than 10 rounds; it has created a silly legal name for them - "large-capacity magazines" - and says we 'regular people' cannot import, sell or manufacture them. ("Dealer" FFLs may get licenses from DOJ for these activities; curio and relic licensees cannot.) The restriction applies to both centerfire and rimfire weapons.
    2. It is perfectly legal - no restrictions at all in the Penal Code - to own and possess and use those "large-capacity magazines" in any gun*(see footnote), at any time, under any circumstances where it is legal to use a gun. Ownership, possession and use of "large-capacity magazines" are not crimes in PC; there is no section under which you could be charged.
    3. Those who own "large-capacity magazines" are not required to keep records or receipts, and not required to explain how they got them.