close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moved to South Carolina's "Golden Corner"

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Wolf Spyder, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Activist

Hello, South Carolina. I have moved and I'm reaching out to GT'ers in the Seneca Area.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Wolf Spyder, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. sandlapper1670

sandlapper1670
    Expand Collapse

Welcome. :wavey: I'm a couple of hours away in the central midlands but welcome.

3. Mudshark100

Mudshark100
    Expand Collapse

I am in Greenville.

4. scccdoc

scccdoc
    Expand Collapse

Berkely county good ole boy here,Moncks Corner............DOC

5. BigDog40

BigDog40
    Expand Collapse

Hey Wolf Spyder, we just moved back to Florida from Mt Rest..right up the highway from Seneca. Its nice up there, folks are friendly...get some snow without it being a blizzard. Great for outdoors stuff if you like to fish and such...beautiful place it really is....wish I was still there. PM me if I can help you with some local info

6. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Activist

Thanks guys. I'm headed to Greenville today to check out the shops and stores. I'm still trying to find the better guns stores and tactical shops.

7. ranger88

ranger88
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Welcome to SC!!! I'm in Columbia, but travel to the upstate fairly often. Allen Arms in Greenville is an okay place to shoot and peruse. Let us know if you need anything!

8. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle
    Expand Collapse

I'm a Greater-Greenville native living in Augusta for about another year until I return.
    Allen Arms is a neat shop, decent indoor range, nice people. Prices aren't the best but they usually have a large selection to look at. The only other place even close selsction-wise that I know of is in Anderson, Grady's.
    Enjoy the upstate, go check out downtown G'ville.
    I can't wait to be back home for good after over a decade away.

#8 SGT_Calle, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  9. NCHeel

NCHeel
    Expand Collapse

Allen Arms is the best of the worst. I live in Greenville but keep a NC residency just for the Charlotte gun stores and the NC Concealed permit.

10. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Activist

Are there any good stores for tactical gear? Packs, Pouches, PC's, P-mags, or Tactical Clothing like 5.11 gear?

11. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea about that. I've never really shopped for tactical stuff.

12. BigDog40

BigDog40
    Expand Collapse

Allen Arms has a nice spread, but take cash....they will try to charge extra 3% if you use a credit/debit card. OP, since you are in Seneca, check out the Gun Shop in Walhalla. Nice folks and decent prices. I used to do quite a bit o business with them.

13. SC Tiger

SC Tiger
    Expand Collapse
    EL GATO!

Welcome. Fellow Seneca resident here.

Walhalla Gun Shop is a nice shop and has a pretty wide selection but it tends to rotate a little bit (they may have a lot of Glocks one week, then the next have fewer Glocks and more Sigs or Kimbers or something else). They also are a good source of ammo. Something I like is that they have long guns and ammo out in the open so you can peruse it without bugging anyone.

Other places to check out:

Allen Arms - Has a range and a decent selection of handguns but I'm not sure about long guns. They are a Class III dealer so they have full-auto stuff to shoot at their range, and they have rental guns. Not as good on accessories

Trader's Guns - Best selection of guns in the area that I am aware of. They also have a decent holster selection - not great but okay. They also have reloading supplies.

Dewey's Gun and Pawn - not bad. They have reloading supplies and a range, though I've never used it.

B&B Gun and Pawn - Seneca store is pretty small. Anderson store is bigger but nowhere near what Walt Deptula (104.9 sports talk host) claims.

I can't comment on prices since I don't buy many guns. The only one I have actually bought a firearm from is Walhalla Gun Shop.

There is a place in Easley that might have the tactical stuff. It's called Xtreme Tactical or something like that. It can be hard to find but it's in the "600 Block Plaza" off of Gentry Hwy (the road between Easley and Pickens). I wouldn't know it was there if I didn't drive by it every so often.

While you're here, check out the mountains. Lots of hiking trails and waterfalls and stuff in the area. And you MUST check out a Clemson football game.

#13 SC Tiger, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  14. 1stMAW

1stMAW
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the Sovereign State of South Carolina! I live near Georgetown....

15. Dr. Rod

Dr. Rod
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Anyone willing to sell me a worthless piece of property CHEAP? I want a SC non resident permit and I need to be a property owner.:cool:

16. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Activist

Well, I've been in the mountains at least twice each week so far. I'm trying to find a Kayak so I can get on the lakes. I am disappointed with Grady's. I like the "Gun Shop" in Walhalla. It is kinda small, but the guys in there are great. I will check the other stores. Keep the comments coming.

17. FLM

FLM
    Expand Collapse

I think you can find kayaks in Travelers Rest.

18. SC Tiger

SC Tiger
    Expand Collapse
    EL GATO!

You can. The place is called Sunrift Adventures. Also, Confluence Watersports is in Easley. They make Kayaks so someone near there must sell the d@Mn things. Check Outdoor Adventures in Clemson as well.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

19. vram74

vram74
    Expand Collapse

I used to live in the area. Sorry to say you're probably going to be disappointed with gun shops around there and not a decent gunsmith to be had from what I could tell. Allen Arms has a nice indoor range but you will be charged $5 if you bring your own ammo unless you buy their overpriced reloads. Can't comment on their gun prices as I only went there to shoot. They offer some shooting/tactics classes you might be interested in. Grady's in Anderson is kinda so so. They're nice people, but a small selection of guns and bit steep on prices (not just guns). you can get reasonable trade in value for your guns. They also have crappy parking. You can rent Kayaks there, however.

#19 vram74, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  20. Glockrunner

Glockrunner
    Expand Collapse
    HOOYA DEEPSEA

Wolf Spyder Welcome to SC!:wavey:

We're here in Summerville, just a bit down the street!:cool: