close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mouse guns

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Gene Pool, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Gene Pool

Gene Pool

Nov 21, 2005
    Texas
    Does anyone here besides me carry a "mouse gun" (caliber 25 or 32)? My primary carry gun is a Glock in 357 Sig caliber. However, sometimes I have to resort to a very small handgun, or no handgun at all.

I carry a Beretta 950 in 25 ACP, loaded with a hollow point on the first round, followed by ball. (It's not much, but better than a stick or pocket knife.)

If you carry a mouse gun, what type do you carry, and what ammo do you load it with?

Thank you,
    Gene Pool

P.S. Please don't tell the woes of carrying a small caliber. I know them all...and everyone else does too. So, please stick to the subject. Thank you.

2. For those times when I find I am left with having to resort to a mouse gun, my choice is something in .380ACP such as my Kel-Tec P3AT or better, my Ruger LCP.

3. Glock27NY

Glock27NY

Dec 1, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Bg380 loaded with Gold Dots.. But only as a bug.

4. I have the same Beretta, I carry it on occasions where I can't /don't have room for something larger. I just use the ball ammo, where did you find the HP's or did you load them yourself?

5. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    380 is the smallest for me these days. Back over 25 years ago when I was younger and didn't have the money my brother gave me a 25 cal. It was better than nothing at the time but as time went on I got up the money for something better. The old 25 still sits in my safe as something to look at but I haven't shot it in 20 years.

6. 4Baldy

4Baldy

Apr 11, 2009
    Florida
    KT-3AT all the time in my pocket.

7. I carry a Seecamp 32 everyday

8. East River Guide

East River Guide Glockaholic

Dec 16, 2011
    Atlanta
    Kahr P380 or a Keltec P32.

9. WhiskyRidge

WhiskyRidge

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington
    P32 pocket, ankle, or IWB depending on circumstances.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I carry my LCP quite a bit...sometimes with another, sometimes not, sometimes just a G19, etc.

11. Gene Pool

Gene Pool

Nov 21, 2005
    Texas
    CCI Speer Gold Dot Personal Protection, 23602, 25ACP, 35 Grain, GDHP, 20rds, $16.99

http://www.ammosupply.com/category/921_25_acp_ammunition_ammo.aspx

I also have approximately fifty old 25 ACP hollow point ammo rounds bought about 20 years ago--it has since been discontinued--made with solid brass bullets. It is hyper velocity with bullets lighter than 35 grains. Though for whatever reasons, I have more confidence in the Speer Gold Dot.

Thank you for your question.

Gene

12. Gene Pool

Gene Pool

Nov 21, 2005
    Texas
    I used to have one of those too. But when a pal wanted it so much he offered $600 for it, I let it be his gun. Now I regret letting it be his gun--wish I had it back.:crying:

Gene

13. Gene Pool

Gene Pool

Nov 21, 2005
    Texas
    My pastor has one of those. He is very satisfied with it, both in reliability and accuracy.

Thank you for your reply.

Gene

14. Gene Pool

Gene Pool

Nov 21, 2005
    Texas
    I like your signature. It illustrates vividly why my little mouse gun is in my pocket. The thug intent on killing me just might catch eight 25 caliber rounds in the face.

Gene

15. Gene Pool

Gene Pool

Nov 21, 2005
    Texas
    BTW, take a look at this demo. It might give you some ideas on more effectively using a small handgun in dire circumstances.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGmwhXgV_xg"]Mouse Guns - YouTube[/ame]

Gene

16. Bugler

Bugler

Feb 21, 2012
    Years ago I bought a new Seecamp 25acp. Carried in pocket or ankle holster only if I couldn't carry something larger. Still have it but replaced it for ccw with Ruger LCP

17. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I dont carry one, but I am drawn to the Beretta .32 for some reason, I have always wanted one.

18. Shoot only ball out of these mouse guns. Penetration is key and they don't have enough umph to push a HP deep enough.

19. kensteele

kensteele

Aug 3, 2003
    Leawood, KS
    380 is the smallest i would go. and that's for a backup glovebox gun.