Mounting a Red Dot Sight on a larger Glock?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by WEATHERBY460, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I would like to buy either a rmr, fastfire, delta or doctor type sight to mount on a glock 20....i have read that the burris base will not fit, does anyone know if the leupold or the rmr will mount correctly? Thanks

also, are they any other scope options I should consider?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Ameriglo Cap Sights (problem) mounting front General Glocking May 3, 2015
    Question about mounting front sight Gunsmithing Jan 10, 2014
    Glock sight mounting device mod 2282 Gunsmithing Feb 2, 2013
    Help for mounting a RMR on Glock slide Sights, Optics and Lasers Aug 21, 2015
    G20 fast fire mounting The 10 Ring Jul 17, 2015

3. Any of the RDS models can be installed on a G20.

The larger Glock slides match the width of RMR very well. I've installed many of them.

The other RDS such as the FF, Docter, older Trijicon RDS are slightly narrower.

4. Thanks...so what can be done....will a glock mount for the rmr work ok without any modification....or do i need to send it in for milling?

5. Any of the Glock dovetail mounts work in any Glock dovetail. They are all the same.

Or, I can mill the slide for any of the MRDS models out there.

6. can i please get a price including shipping it back to me...you can pm me if u want...thanks

7. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

8. Mark milled a G32 slide for me and installed a RMR RM07 and it looks and works great. I have a set of Ameriglo tritium suppressor sights on as BUIS. If you just mount on top in the dovetail, you will not be able to put BUIS on it. They are not only good if your RMR fails, but finding the red dot is much easier because you just go to the sights and the dot is there. Having mounted on top of the slide, there is no comparison. If you are just going to use it for plinking around, OK. But if you want to use it for person defense, go with the milled slide.

9. gator378

gator378 Gator378

I have a jPoint mounted on my Glock 20 with the JPoint mount.

10. I would not use the Burris Fastfire II on anything used for personal protection. Besides the off switch, mine go out of adjustment. I have a couple on 1911's that are just fun guns because my eyesight is not what it used to be and they go out of adjustment. I have a JPoint on a 460 Rowland and one on a 500 S&W revolver and although they seem cheap, they have never gone out of adjustment. The plastic sometimes causes distortion, which only bothers me if I am trying to make a precision distance shot.

#9 PghJim, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  11. Have Trijicon RM06-38 (LED) 3.25 moa adjustable Red Dot
    on my 20. I have had it for about a year and have been shooting it with the RM44 Glock RMR pistol mount from Trijicon. It has made me from a pretty good shooter to an outstanding shooter five inch groups from 25 yards is the norm for me now. I just got it back last week from Bowie Tactical and had the slide milled for the RMR and new sights.
    I have not shot it yet but can already tell you the differences
    with the mount it sits higher and took some getting use to to find the red dot now it is lower and is inline more with the sights and more stream line for much faster target
    acquisition. It was $175.00 for him to mill it and the sights he put on it were Amerglow night sights with a taller front sight $100.00 he also milled a place for the back sight to go in front of the RMR co-witness for $50.00. Turn around was about a month. Highly recommend.

#10 Bandit19, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  12. gator378

gator378 Gator378

I have the JPOint and JPoint mount on my Glock 20. Never had a problem.