close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mountain lion eats dachshund

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by railfancwb, Mar 20, 2013.

1. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

Feb 27, 2007
    ...in the neighborhood.
    Is not this type of dog commonly referred to as a Wiener-dog?

I think this important...

2. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
    Josey Wales... nice :thumbsup:

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    You're half stepping.

4. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

If all that took place Okie, that would be an award winning taxidermy mount!
    :wavey:

5. Nice!

6. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Long Beach California.

Alot of us agree with you, but this is GT and the standards are a bit lower here than real life.

7. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    :supergrin:

8. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    Yeah tell us more about how the mt lion was there first and all the other hippie babble.

9. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

I fail to see any controversy in the loss. Sad the Mt Lion was put down though.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  10. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
    Yep.
    And additionally... with all the negative stuff floating around with the AWB pending, current administration, etc... sometimes we just need a laugh.
    Sad about the pup, but things happen. He's in doggy heaven.. cats probably in hell.

Not that the mountain lion did anything wrong... cats are just evil/plotting to kill me.

11. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Quit crying like it was your dog. The mountain lion was doing what a mountain lion does. Kill small animals.

The fact that you think talking about a mountain lion doing mountain lion ****, in the mountains, is somehow "hippie babble", shows how far off your liberal-O-meter is.

Acknowledging that people are encoraching on the territory of mountain lions, and creating the encounters, is a typically conservative attitude. IE conservationism.

But keep throwing out the "hippie" card, you might get it right one day. You sound like a typical city-dweller, absolutely certain that how you define conservatism is correct.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  12. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
    Good post.

13. Sucks someone lost their pet but IMO it also sucks that the mountain lion had to be put down. However if it was my dog and I saw the attack in progress I would've dispatched the mountain lion myself. Contradictory...?

14. Cybercowboy

Cybercowboy Support the 2nd

Dec 15, 2012
    SW Missouri
    Hmmm, I didn't know mountain lions would eat raw hot dogs...

15. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    I think any dog owner that sees their dog being attacked is gonna freak out.....and shoot, if they can.

16. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Being a lap dog in snagglepuss' territory carries an occupational hazard of being eaten. That said, eating my dog carries an occupational hazard of becoming a rug.

This may be related to the duality of man, I guess. ;)

17. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Western Colorado
    Understandable, but a citizen would likely be cited for shooting the lion to protect property (the pet), whereas the wildlife officer can do so in his discretion and under the law.

18. Clusterfrack

Clusterfrack

Apr 26, 2012
    Pacific NW
    I figure that if a mountain lion is close enough for me to shoot with a handgun, it's justifiable self defense. What's the 21' rule for a lion?

19. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    That is a great story of a heroic dog. He did his job of protecting his owner. If the owner had been walking without his dog, he might have been the one dragged into the brush.

I say good doggy. Shed a tear for the owner's loss of a pet and the dog for protecting his owner. The owner should get another dog if he is going to continue walking in mountain lion country.

I am sure the dog and owner would rather the dog protected his owner by scaring the lion off with barking. Unfortunately the dog was not a big enough caliber for the job.

20. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Then again, I wonder if things would have been different had the doggy been carrying his Beretta Jetfire...