close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Motorcyclist rides 2 km unaware of losing right leg

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Bullwinkle J Moose, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

Mar 1, 2001
    SC
    Ouch! That is going to leave a mark.

Motorcyclist rides 2 km unaware of losing right leg
    Aug 14 12:49 AM US/Eastern

SHIZUOKA, Japan, Aug. 14 (AP) - (Kyodo)—A 54-year-old man continued to drive a large motorcycle about 2 kilometers Monday after hitting the center divider on a national highway and losing his right leg below the knee in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture, police said Tuesday.

Kazuo Osada, a salaried worker, was unaware of the loss of his leg until he drove the distance apparently because his attention was focused on the strong pain he felt from the crash, the police said.

The police said Osada failed to negotiate a left turn and hit the center divider in a west-bound lane of Route 1's Hamana bypass in Hamamatsu at around 6:30 a.m. Monday.

Osada, who was on his way to Gifu Prefecture in a group of about 10 friends, did not fall in the accident and continued the ride before noticing part of his leg was missing, the police said. SOURCE

2. I read this over at Fox News and couldn't believe it. Then again, I know a guy with diabetes who had his leg against the exhaust on his Excelsior Henderson while wearing shorts and didn't notice it until he smelled burning flesh at a stoplight. It left a big scar, and I can't understand how you wouldn't notice, but I guess it can happen!

3. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Am I the only one who thought about him pulling up to a light and falling over?

I know, I am going to hell. :supergrin:

4. ICHI

ICHI @#%* !

I was picturing him falling over at a stop also.

5. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

Mar 1, 2001
    SC
    Only if he managed to stop using only the front brake.

6. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Oct 3, 2000
    McGaheysville, VA
    On the plus side, you won't see any "single skidmark" leading straight off in a corner caused by him.

7. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

Quite funny but just not right :)

8. davew83

davew83 hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

Oct 27, 2004
    SC
    If you ride a sport bike, or race (like myself) thats all that you do use. The only time I even touch the rear brake is if I run off the track and am in the grass,

9. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    +1

There is a reason why there are those two HUGE discs and calipers up front and one tiny one out back. The rear brake can be used for more advanced techniques, but the front really the only brake you need for 99% of all street riding.