close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motorcycle Rental

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by norton, Dec 30, 2007.

1. norton

norton
    Expand Collapse

any of you ever rent a m/c?
    I am thinking about renting a bike for the next September doings at the Indianapolis motor speedway.
    What have been your experiences?
    I checked on the internet, there is a Harley shop in Ft.Wayne that rents bikes-

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. fireslayer23

fireslayer23
    Expand Collapse
    Roadwhore

A friend of mine from Norway came over a few weeks ago and rented a V-Rod, they run a lot better than I thought, from the local Harley dealer. The rental process seemed fairly easy, even with him having a European license, and the bike was in great shape.

I'd take your own helmet though. The shop here didn't have much in the line for loaner helmets and he got stuck with a beanie type and he wished he had his full face or at something that covered his ears.

3. desmo

desmo
    Expand Collapse

if you are gonna rent a bike for that weekend i would suggest reserving it soon. the harley shop here in cleveland is usually out of all the good models. my dad rented a couple different bikes before he bought his street glide. all was quite easy and the bike were very well cared for. not quite as bad as what you see in some rental cars.

4. oneofthose

oneofthose
    Expand Collapse

Might check these guys out.

http://www.eaglerider.com/?gclid=CN7bvczt0ZACFSQ-IgodX0UrXg

They don't have a pick up sight in Ohio listed on their website, but I believe they bring bikes to events like Indy, Sturgis, etc. for rental purposes. A relative of mine worked at their Los Angeles location and I rented from them once.

Good Luck!

5. Laszlo

Laszlo
    Expand Collapse

I`ve rented a Harley from a local (Atlanta) dealer last spring. It was very easy, no pain what so ever, the bike was almost brand new. I had a great weekend with it. Put over 600 miles on it.

6. minuteman32

minuteman32
    Expand Collapse
    NRA & GOA Life

I rented a Harley in Ft. Myers a few years ago. Relatively easy & painless, but required a $1000 deposit!

7. Deamer

Deamer
    Expand Collapse

We have rented through the dealers and Eagleriders. Very easy process. If you buy the premium insurance the deposit drops some. One thing to remember is to do a very good inspection on the bike before you leave. I rented a Roadking for my dad when he flew out here. Didn't notice until later in the evening that the brakelight was stuck in the on position.

8. Revelations

Revelations
    Expand Collapse
    Zombie Hunter

I know the Harley Shop in Michigan City rents as well.

I looked into it one time. Like everyone else has said the deposit was alot.

9. pdpdad

pdpdad
    Expand Collapse
    Make More Ammo

IndyWest Harley-Davidson, Inc.
    6201 Cambridge Way
    Plainfield, IN, USA 46168
    (317) 279-0062
    (317) 279-0069 (fax)
    Visit our Web site
    http://www.indywesthd.com

I've never rented there but I know people who have.
    :cool: