close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

motorcycle question...

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ppts799, Sep 28, 2004.

1. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

Oct 12, 2002
    anyone here familiar with motorcycles? my family plans to purchase a cheap second hand motorcycle soon (parang pang messenger lang).

so what brand(s) are "matibay"? honda, kawasaki, yamaha, etc? but the price for a second hand should also be reasonable.

from what others have told me, yung ginagamit pang tricycle ang maganda at matibay. but i do not know the specs and the brand. phase out na ba ang 2 stroke? i was also told the new "scooter" looking bikes are nice to look at pero madali daw masira.

any feedback would be much appreciated (so we don't buy the wrong bike). thank you.;)

2. gunfool

gunfool

Aug 23, 2004
    makati
    I have had a Honda Dream which I bought brand new 3 years back. I bought it as a gift to my father sa province. Matipid sa gas at hindi sirain. Hwag kang bibili nang mga gawang China at nagtutuklapan yung pintura agad. Besides I heard also na malambot yung mga parts. So any of the 3 brands you mention okay yan although mas prefered ko yung Honda kasi di mo na kelangan haluan ng 2T oil. Problem kasi sa may 2T mausok yung tambutso.

3. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

ppts,
    If the motorcycle is for you,make sure it has training wheels.

jmy

4. julianz

julianz toxic master

Sep 24, 2003
    sand castle
    so what brand(s) are "matibay"? honda, kawasaki, yamaha, etc? but the price for a second hand should also be reasonable.

Sir Pio 4 stroke na ngayon uso no need for 2T mixture. kawasaki and susuki are well known for their power lalu na sa akyatan .for speed honda and yamaha..
    kung pang harabas messenger service any of the choices above will do.
    for second hand naman 2 strokes lang tyak makukuha mo also from the choices above ..sa Caloocan nagkalat ang bikes doon sir..madame ring parts.

as gunfool said dont buy the brands from china ..sinski clone of susuki..malambot ang bakal (frame)

5. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

Oct 12, 2002
    very good! thanks for the tips guys! ^c ;W

6. Taurus

Taurus

Jan 10, 2003
    Area 51
    Do not get the two-stroke motorcycles. They are being phased out of Metro Manila pursuant to the Clean Air Act. Ditto with the ones made in China. The metallurgy is terrible. I've seen a Harley wannabe almost broken in half due to poor metallurgy only after a year of use. Rust had eaten through the frame.

Scooters with the small knobby tires have engines that are too small for everyday use. Also, they have no transmission gears so the engine is overworked at times. As an alternative to a used motorcycle, consider the "low bone" type. These are the ones that are recently most seen in the streets of Metro Manila. They are a cross between the scooter and the "pang tricycle" motorcycles. They have their gas tanks located under the driver's seats, four-speed with no clutch, with tires about the size of the regular motorcycles. . They have bigger engines than scooters.

Whatever motorcycle you decide to buy, do consider some sort of security lock. Our firm has had four motorcycles stolen from our messengers in the last seven years.

7. v1ct0r

v1ct0r

Sep 29, 2003

Honda wave po ba?

8. Taurus

Taurus

Jan 10, 2003
    Area 51
    That's the one. I think Suzuki and Yamaha also sell them. There is a motorcycle repair shop in front of my mother's house. The people there say these types are relatively sturdy and reasonably priced.

9. gunfool

gunfool

Aug 23, 2004
    makati
    Yup, Honda Wave. Mine is the older model which is Honda Dream. If am not mistaken Dream is 100cc while Wave is 125. You can also visit any Motortrade (dealer) and check their reposessed unit which they sell cheap.

10. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Meron'ng bwiset na tricycle palaging nakabalandra sa harap ng gate namin once in a while. If you want I can give you my address and you can pick it up anytime, motorcycle, side car and all.:(

11. Fonzy

Fonzy

Sep 8, 2004
    if you have time, try browsing from the following forums:

motorcyclephilippines.com

motorcycleasia.com

:cool:

12. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

Oct 12, 2002
    real big help guys. thank you very much!!! :) :)