close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Motorcycle Concealment

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by statistic6, Jul 1, 2011.

1. statistic6

statistic6

Apr 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    So I recently purchased my first bike, a Suzuki GSXR 750. I tested driving down the high way going about 70 mph and my shirt began to flutter around revealing my G19. I carry IWB at the 4 o'clock position. So, I then tried my wife's G26 with the same disappointing results. Anyone able to pull this off? I am in San Antonio and I was in ABUs so it was a thicker fabric if that matters.

2. bmylesk

bmylesk

Jul 2, 2010
    SLC, UT
    1) congrats on the bike, my first was a gsxr 600. best bike you can ever get

2) i wouldn't worry about it so much. although when i was in the military, even when i was off base i didn't carry in uniform. but in civi's i didn't care, when i got off my bike i just adjusted and went about my biz.

3. Wear the proper protective equipment and you'll have no problem concealing your 19.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Aug 22, 2003
    Nevada
    Put your wife wearing a bikini on the back of the bike.

5. thefenux

thefenux

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I read a story a month or so ago about a guy on a bike in Stillwater, OK getting pulled over for it.

However, Stillwater is a strange little town. I lived there for about 3 years and got pulled over for the stupidest of reasons about 6 times. I think the cops there have nothing better to do. (Since moving back to a larger city about six years ago, I've only been pulled over for valid reasons, like speeding.)

If it were me, I would consider wearing a tucked in shirt, at least while on the bike. Or possibly even a tucked undershirt over the gun. I can't think of any solutions that would work well in the summer.

6. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    I ride with that baby right there on my hip. Right out in the open. They're usually blinded by all the chrome on my Victory anyway.
    Try wearing one of those stupid clown masks when you ride. That should distract them from eyeing your piece.

7. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    Mines a K9 750.. When I carry my pistols I don't care if the shirts flies up.

8. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

Dec 5, 2007
    Mount Eden, KY
    I pocket carry on my gsxr750, seems to be the only thing comfortable.

Motorcycle jackets are tight in the waist... and I have a lot of waist. :whistling:

00 GSXR750
    [​IMG]

When I ride my touring bike, I will pop a full size gun in my rear trunk or side boxes, as well as carry one in my pocket.

08 Concours
    [​IMG]

9. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    Could you put a small cloth bag/sack with elastic draw strings over it? Something like the bag's that come with GPS's and the like? It'll still show but be covered and be impossible to tell what it is as you go by at 150 mph. Good luck and ride safe.

10. Chaos88

Chaos88

Mar 4, 2011
    Underarmor is your friend here. Its tight on your skin but makes it a lot less obvious than a black gun on skin

11. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

May 23, 2009
    DFW TX

He is in Tx - no printing.

I ride a hd and picked up a leather vest with internal holster pockets. I am sure there are options similar for you. If you are having an issue with this you might want to consider your carry position and move it closer to the front.

I can tell you from first hand experience you will get stopped by leo in Tx if they see it. I was in a group of about 10 riders - leo pulled over one of the guys in the middle due to his vest flapping and showing his xd40 at 4 o'clock. He received the most stern warning I have ever seen without someone actually getting a ticket or put to the ground.

good luck and be safe

12. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Once, when I crashed, I had a Leatherman on my belt at 4:00. My right hip is one of the many places that absorbed bouncing off the asphalt. Luckily, the Leatherman didn't crack my hip, but my leg turned black all the way down to my foot from the bruising. I can imagine what would have resulted from a pistol. So, think about how you carry your sidearm.

I know, I know. You won't crash. But you know what they say... "There are two kinds of riders... those that have crashed, and those that will.

Stay safe.

13. FAS1

FAS1

Dec 4, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Besides being beat up by your gun if you do take a fall and it's on your person, the other dilemma is where on the bike can you secure it if needed? Maybe you want to go out with a group of friends riding your bikes and you can't take your weapon in some of the establishments you might make a pit stop at. This would apply to most sport bikes and cruisers. It would be nice to have a secure and accessible place to keep your CCW when riding. Haven't seen any real good solutions yet.

14. I carry my G26, G33 or G36 in a DeSantis Insider in the appendix position with an untucked T Shirt while riding my Harley wearing either jeans or BDU pants. The DeSantis Insider sits very low with part of the grip being covered. Of course I am in the upright position while riding, if you have to lean way forward on a Sport Bike it may be uncomfortable.

I only carry in the 4 OClock position in cooler weather wearing a jacket and then with a Full Size or Compact Glock.
    [​IMG]
    2003 Harley Dyna Low Rider Anniversary Edition (With Extras)

15. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Stop being a squid, put on some gear, and you won't have that issue. Seriously, what are you doing on your first bike at highway speeds without a jacket?

16. +1 for all the "wear your protective gear" comments. You will thank us later.

17. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    :agree:

I use Miami Classic shoulder holster for riding my Suzuki. (under my jacket).

:cool:

18. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I open carry on the bike using my Galco Cop series holster with a thumb break. Its legal here though, and I've never been stopped because of it.

My friend that carries an LC9 in a Galco Stow N Go puts holster and all in his inside jacket pocket, and when we stop he just slips it back inside his waistband when he takes his jacket off. The same could be done with your G26, probably not your G19 though, unless you have big pockets on your jacket.