Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Motorcycle Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Esox357, Jul 9, 2007.

1. What do you use to clean aluminum alloy rims on your bike. As a reference my bike is a Kawasaki ZZR 600, Mine is chain driven and has a grease buildup on it? I was thinking of using kerosene on a rag to break through it but didn't want to damage the rims? A buddy mentioned Simple Green to use to cut the crud? I talked with someone else that said S-100 soap with a toilet brush would work? So what do you use? Also I have a chrome pipe and then a brushed aluminum for a muffler? What to use for that as well? Thanks Esox357.
  2. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Jun 29, 2001
    New Mexico
    WD-40 on a rag, then follow up with warm soapy water and rinse.

3. SBM

Jan 26, 2007
    Castrol Super Clean, diluted per instructions and follow up with some Mothers or the like..
  4. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Sep 1, 2005
    N E Louisiana
    wheel oil removal: rubbing alcohol IPA,or zippo fluid,or charcoal lighter fluid, (or mineral spirits my fav)

on pipe s-100 and a good sponge easy

wd-40 is a good choice also then use windex or equiv to finish

Never Dull cotton wadding will do both wheel and pipe. great stuff

Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:
  5. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

Dec 17, 2002
    I use simple green on mine just because I buy it by the gallon, so I've got plenty of it, cheap.

Use a 50/50 mix with water, still plenty strong enough to cut the brake dust/chain wax/road grime mixture.
  6. Thanks guys for the help. Esox357.
  7. Stop off at your Honda dealer and pick up some Hondabrite. I just tried it for the first time and was greatly impressed. My front wheel was really looking skuzzy and the grime was coming off before I had a chance to rinse the stuff off. Just spray on and rinse off. It’s great for a lazy guy like me.:motorcycle:

8. michaelj1978

May 11, 2004
    kansas city

I've been using the same gallon jug since I got my bike in 02. I think it cost me about $2.50 back then. It's up to about $5 a gallon now.

I get a shop towel and soak it, then rub down and rinse. Also works well with a toothbrush dipped in a cup full of it.

I use it on:

Pretty much everything except the hoses and wiring.

Rinses off easily and seems to keep the bike cleaner between washes.
  9. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
  10. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Holster Maker

Jul 22, 2001
    Central Oregon
    What year is your ZZR600?

I've got a 2005 Metallic Blue model.

11. DaisyCutter

Mar 1, 2003
    Honda aresol spray polish.

I've used it for over a decade... plus it works well on my two Kawasakis.
  12. Thanks guys for the info, I talked with a guy at the bike shop and he said Kerosene would cause damage to the alloy wheels? But I think he was just trying to sell me some crap?
    STMCELROY, I have a 2007 ZZR, its a great bike. Esox357.