Most versatile glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GG5789, May 8, 2013.

1. [ame=""]"All Guns Should Be Glocks" - YouTube[/ame]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. One opinion According to Dr. Gary Roberts.
    There are many others.

Rather than using larger caliber duty pistols, most CONUS urban LE agencies would be better served by issuing a quality 9 mm handgun (Glock 17/19, S&W M&P9, or HK P30) along with good ammunition, and then spending the majority of their efforts on mandating effective, high quality, ongoing firearms training—a good minimum would be 100 rounds per week of dedicated, objective, monitored and scored training shots.

3. Sig P250 then purchase caliber conversion kits with the upper, barrel, RSA and mags for $199...any flavor you want. Just need to reeducate yourself to a long pull revolver type trigger. mine's a tack driver in .357 Sig!
  4. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! LOL ROTFLMAO!! Where are you going to find an Admin that will approve the cost of this? Or officers who will actually show up to shoot unless they are being paid for it? Not where I work! (truth hurts) Hell, with this proposal, we'd blow thru a whole years ammo budget in about 2 weeks. Maybe they'll mandate we watch an 8 minute video by some self proclaimed expert about how to shoot instead.
  5. Willfulone

Willfulone CCA Corvette

There is 9mm ammo around...

If you look hard enough, you can find it.
    I went out last weekend, and found 4 boxes, took
    half the day but I found it...

#25 Willfulone, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  6. Go 40 cal. I bought a 27 one day out of bordem and I am glad I did. Got the conversion barrels and can swap around. Still love my 9mm glocks but there is something to be said about having options in a gun.
  7. GG5789

Had to look the g38 up haha. I don't know that I have ever even seen 45gap ammo ever. Would the slide enable for other conversions like .45acp etc?
  8. GG5789

Looks like the Glock 30 is the Glock for me. It just so happens I know of a shop that has a gen4 G30SF at a good price too :)

If I can pull together some funds, I may keep my G19 and wait to see if ammo becomes more available. Down the road I may also see about picking up that G23 and ticker with a G38 slide a bit.

Thanks for all the assistance! Now to seek out a thread for accessories...
  9. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

You should keep your G19 and save up for another pistol buy. Although I don't do 9mm, I believe the G19 is one of the best 9mm pistols on the market and ammo supplies will eventually catch up with demand.

The LGS offering is a Gen3 G30SF or Gen4 G30. There isn't a Gen4 G30SF model. The Gen4 G30, without a backstrap adapter installed, is the same frame size and trigger reach as the Gen3 G30SF and replaces that model going forward.

If you have an option to get the Gen4 G30, I think you'll appreciate the more aggressive grip texture for better control of the pistol shooting 45ACP +P or .45 Super ammo and especially if you convert the pistol later to higher-energy calibers such as .460 Rowland, .40 Super, or 10mm Auto. No matter what you shoot, it's a better grip when your hands are wet, sweaty or gloved.

Best of luck finding a good solution for your needs.
    #29 GRT45, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  10. This!
  11. Cole125

Silver Member

12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

For me the G21 would be the most versatile, because it is a great carry gun and pretty good on bowling pins.
  13. Same here, Go G23
  14. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I have done this to my 23 & 27.

Attached Files:

15. gunsmoke92

Silver Member

30SF! As is, .45 ACP, .45 Super, add a 10mm conversion barrel, and you have 10mm, .40 S&W. One gun, two barrels, four calibers. Oh, wait how about adding .460 Roland, and .400 Corbon. It seems to me there are another one or two, but they escape me right now. :supergrin:
  16. Well...

I've terminated on this:

Platform - GLOCK G23.4
    HD/SD - .40/180 gr./HST/1,000 FPS/400 Lb-Ft
    Field/trail - .40/180 gr./XTP/1,000 FPS/400 Lb-Ft

LWD Barrel M/32XL 357 Sig (5.32")
    Field/Hunt - .357SIG/147 gr./XTP/1,325 FPS/575 Lb-Ft

What more could you need?

17. timmay

I agree. 23 or 32.
  18. A 27 or 33 because you can use any of the small framed magazines and a whole variety f different barrels. You could even use a 19/23/33 slide if you had to.
  19. "Unfortunately however, there isn't ANY 9mm ammo about."

I have just seen quite a bit of 9mm ammo for sale on the web...
  20. To me, my Glock 22 is my most versitile Glock. It comes in set to shoot .40 S&W. It will shoot 357 Sig and 9mm with the appropriate interchangeable barrels and magazines. I also have a 22LR conversion kit for it as well.