close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

most gun owners support AWB

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sum-dum-guy, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    Correct. It fell off a cliff when I was camping at Red River Gorge. The sling broke when I was repelling down said cliff. Busted it into many pieces. Total loss.:crying:

2. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Divide and conquer, the oldest tactic in the book. The statement is made to seed the concept of concession and failure, and to isolate those who resist as a fringe minority. We're better than falling for this, let's stick together and keep fighting.

3. What are you talking about?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. carrynaspringfield45

carrynaspringfield45 Dirk

May 18, 2009
    MI
    Nah, it's just fugly... however i have recently found hi cap mags for 'em.

5. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kommiefornistan
    That is what I thought in 1994.

6. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

There are some traitors in our ranks.

7. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

Jan 10, 2006
    Bunker in the Midwest
    Every gun owner i know owns a ar15 or ak47 and their all hunters.

8. The gun owners I know if they don't own an AR or AK they like them and would/will probably eventually buy one.

9. sum-dum-guy

sum-dum-guy

Feb 3, 2007
    Nazi Gun Registration Program of 1938:

- Classified guns for "sporting purposes"

- All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.

- Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law (meaning officials could have guns, citizens could not).

- Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.

- The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.

- Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition.

Yeah, that does not look familiar....nothing to worry about there....move along.

10. From what I have been seeing, there have been hunters AND non hunters going out and buying AR's. From my experience, if they didn't already have an AR, they were going out and buying one.

When people hinted at why I wasn't buying one, I told them I already own three. :cool:

11. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    Got a link??? :upeyes:

12. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    duck hunters and skeet shooters are notorious for selling out other gun owners....

13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Well, you have to understand.... to the media and their ilk.. "Most gun owners" are people who *say* they are NRA members, and that's their polling base... or even better the "Pro Gun Democrat" :upeyes:

Truth is, a LOT of FUDDs support the AWB, and frankly don't care about pistols. So long as you don't take their shotguns and muzzle loaders, they don't care and have no problem selling others down the river. What they don't realize (or just don't care to recognize) is the 2nd amendment has jack to do w/ hunting.

14. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Sep 6, 2001
    Just a sound bite she offers at the end of the interview, "surveys show...". As to specifics, nothing. Her solution is "more Police" who are trained...

Larry Pratt wasn't bad but his steroid comment and snide salute to Sen Feinstein was off putting to me somewhat, as I prefer to see pro rights advocates stay focused, on point and avoid snark when discussing serious matters. He did point out the "gun free zone" fallacy and 20 minute Police response, use of semi autos for self defense, etc so kudos to him for bring that into light.

But as it aired on Fox's O'Reilly, most likely preaching to the choir.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  15. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Sep 6, 2001
    my bad. double post

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  16. random southpaw

random southpaw

Nov 7, 2011
    As emotions continue to run high, we can expect more distortions of "What gun owners really think" etc.

Thank you for discrediting the assertion that gun owners support any AWB!

Do not swallow any wild claims without verifying them first.

17. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    That has to be a crock of you know what:upeyes:

18. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    I'm just saying we're outnumbered. If we want to keep our rifles and mags we all have to write our politicians. If we all don't do the work, we are going to loose, when we could have prevented it.

19. badge315

badge315

Aug 14, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    And how many more people own so-called "assault rifles" now than in 1994?

This has been my experience as well.

And yet every time I visit a shooting facility with rifle and clay target ranges, those shooting black rifles always vastly outnumber those shooting skeet. On the rifle line there is a lot more plastic than wood...and even the wood stocked rifles tend to be old military rifles, not modern hunting arms. At the range I normally shoot at on match day, there might be half a dozen people shooting trap...and 100+ are shooting IDPA. We're not the same marginal demographic we once were.