Glock Talk banner

Most comfortable electronic earmuffs?

990 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  papercidal 
#1 ·
The inexpensive and old earmuffs I have now are not very comfortable, particularly when worn over glasses. Anyone have a recommendation for a new set? They must be electronic, cost less than $150 and provide enough sound protection for a .357 handgun. I would prefer to pay less than $80 if possible and have enough sound protection for rifles. Comfort is more important than sound quality.

#8 ·
#9 ·
I use Peltors and have been very satisfied. Sound attenuation is not perfect (only 20-22 db), but is adequate for most shooting situations. They are easy on batteries and the transmission of conversational tones is clear and easy to understand. Highly recommended...

#12 ·
Yes. Electronic muffs have a microphone on the outside and a speaker on the inside. The circuitry turns off the speaker for loud noises. And even if they didn't the little speaker cannot be anywhere near as loud as a gunshot. They block sound just as well with dead batteries as when they are on.

They are not to be confused with active noise cancelling headphones that try to cancel periodic noise by producing a signal that is 180 degrees out of phase. I have a set of Boise headphones that do that and while they work well on planes they would be useless on the range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.