MOST annoying common gun in movies inaccuracy?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by mr00jimbo, Nov 26, 2012.

1. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I agree, but these things aren't even noticed by the novice gun people. Just by us gun junkies. :rofl:I see this stuff in movies/tv and point it out to my girlfriend and she just shakes her head and says, " only you would notice something like that". Yep. :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

That was to help launch the bullet as they had really slow burning powder back then. :rofl:

3. I was thinking that myself. :cool:
  4. Noticed that last episode too!!! Wasnt sure if was just me....

And the first episode with the Glock safety had me giggling
  5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member

The constant racking of a pump shotgun. You never see the live round fly out from the last time the shotgun was racked......

6. barth

barth six barrels

I particularly dislike the jumping horizontally wiping twin pistols routine.
    Check the expended shell casings defying gravity.
    #26 barth, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  7. DonD

Not movies but in novels where the writer should know better, I've frequently read their lead character "takes the safety off" of a revolver. Really?? Same thing with Glocks. Come on now, revolvers with safeties. Don :upeyes:
  8. [FONT=&quot]In the movie Blitz starring Jason Statham, he play a cop chasing down a cop killer. Towards the end of the movie around 1:30min mark his partner hands him what looks like a Sig 226, Jason then point the Sig at the killer and pulls the trigger (front view, Sig is pointed at the camera). The camera then transitions to a side, Jason is now holding a smoking revolver?!?!?!?!?! The camera pans back to the front view and it's a Sig again.:shocked:

9. I did also, had the do a double take :shocked:
  10. You can always watch A-Team and see hundreds of thousands of rounds shot and never hitting anyone.:50cal:
  11. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

The hero who's standing in the middle of the street, fully exposed, is able to shoot and kill multiple bad guys who are under cover.
  12. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

This thread is making my OCD senses tingle.
  13. Black&TAN

Black&TAN Senior Member

Right up there with decocking a DA/SA semi auto without using the decocking lever... guess it just looks tougher on screen. :dunno:

sent via Tapatalk
    #33 Black&TAN, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  14. Lots of extra clicks all the way around in that scene :)
  15. It increases the velocity :rofl:
  16. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Homage to the game. Man I need to play those again...
  17. Gregoire G

Platinum Member

This gets to me too!
  18. I love guys and this forum, but you're all a little geeked out about this.

Bad writing and acting get me long before this stuff.

Side note: I can't stand when I see Germans driving a battalion of German marked Patton tanks in WWII movies. :supergrin:
  19. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

There was the one episode of Justified where Raylan jacks a live cartridge out of his Glock and drops it on a guy's chest and says... "Next one's coming a lot faster".

20. As others have mentioned, my two biggest pet peeves are definitely:

1) racking the slide on a shotgun for effect, even though it has already been shown being chambered (usually more than once)

2) the manual thumb-cocking of the Glock hammer :upeyes: