close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mossberg ?'s

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by zukyota, Feb 5, 2010.

1. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Anyone have experience with the mossberg 500 cruiser series or the JIC series ? Are they good quality ? Good home defense gun ?

2. Puppy

Puppy

Nov 12, 2006
    Yea they are good shotguns & the JIC tubes are pretty handy for stowing one away in case of emergencies.

I am not a big fan of pistol griped shotguns though, I much prefer a standard full sized stock.

3. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Mossbergs are the largest supplier of shotguns to the military which really doesnt mean they are the best but they are tough and reliable to say the least.

I like the 590A1's because of the heavy barrel, metal trigger guard, and the iconic bayonet capability (which most agree is not practical but cool)

I have no use for the JIC personally but if I owned a remote piece of property or had a hide out up in the sticks...I'd bury one of those there just in case (hence JIC). Pistol grip shotguns are a specialized tool that has a limited use in my opinion. (like breeching doors and killing zombies)

4. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    sounds good to me. thanks.