close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mossberg Road Blocker

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by philb81b, Mar 10, 2011.

1. philb81b

philb81b

Mar 8, 2011
    Gastonia, NC
    Has ayone had the chance to shot the Mossberg Road Blocker? Was looking at getting one, and would love some feedback. Thanks.

2. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

Sep 15, 2005
    Oahu HI
    Have not shot it, but if thats the one with that big ass muzzle brake, I'd pass just to avoid being laughed out the range.

3. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Muzzle brake? I thought it was a muffler.:dunno:

4. Great for comic relief. I have yet to meet the guy that would actually own one and I probably should apologize up front if I laugh in their face the first time I do.

5. Mossberg makes decent shotguns, but that thing looks ridiculous! Looks like it, and it's owner, are trying to be something they aren't. Honestly, it calls for ROTFL. Completely unneccesary on a 12 guage shotgun. JMOs.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  6. Feanor

Feanor

Feb 28, 2010
    Right up there with the "Mossberg Chainsaw" on the "how to ruin your companies reputation list".

7. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Interesting they borrowed the "Roadblocker" label, The original "Roadblocker" shotgun was a 10 gauge semi-auto police gun manufactured by Ithaca Gun Company in 1977 and manufactured until 1986. Remington bought the design and called it the SP10.

8. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I hate the rediculous muzzle break personally but I will never say dont buy X-gun because of what I think of it. If it tickles your pickle then go for it brother.

9. Not sure exactly what about this makes it suitable fro blocking roads. It looks like soemthing from a zombie flick. Whatever floats your boat, though, as I own and have modified a couple guns just to look like they are from zombie movies. Not my cup of tea, but behind that .50 cal rated muzzle brake is a Mossy 500, so I am sure it functions just fine.

10. Ride5C2

Ride5C2

Jun 10, 2008
    Florida
    It's a bit over the top, but I like it. I'd actually like to try that muzzle comp, some of the competition Saiga's have two of those bad boys in a row mounted so they must do something. Good luck with your purchase.

11. I agree they look funny, but that muzzle break design is very effective on large caliber rifles like the .50 BMG.

I'd like to see if there is enough gas pressure to make it worthwhile on the 12ga.

But I'm not going to spend my money on one to find out.

12. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    :rofl::rofl:

13. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    for an f-15?

14. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    That looks :cool:

15. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    so googlefu showed me the purpose of the muzle break

[​IMG]

:rofl:

16. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    I was reading somewhere that they are recalling that gun because the muzzle brake had a tendency to spit lead out to the sides.