close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mossberg Maverick 88

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by glockrod, Aug 29, 2012.

1. HenryinFlorida

HenryinFlorida

May 10, 2012
    I bought my Maverick from Budsgunshop for $199 in 2011. I got teh one that has a 20" barrel and holds 8 rounds. It's a great gun for the money IMO. From what I can tell, most 500 stocks will fit, but the forearm slide is riveted in place, so you can't replace it easily.

2. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

Aug 28, 2004
    East of center, SC
    I bought the Mav 88 8-rd 20" barrel from PSA for $220 over the weekend. I already have switched out the Knoxx stock to it. Also, I completely disassembled it and "honed" some of the edges. It works somewhat smoother than the very gritty feel and sound it had str8 out of the box.

I shot it a couple times just to see if it worked. It performs very much like a shotgun should. Bang! Slide, repeat.

I have no pics, but it is just like all the rest you have seen just in this thread alone.

Thanks for the input.

Rod

3. daishi

daishi

Sep 5, 2012
    I hope you're enjoying yours. Just purchased one myself today.

4. HenryinFlorida

HenryinFlorida

May 10, 2012
    I've had one for several years, but have only shot it once. It's strictly for home defense, and it should work very good at that if ever needed.

5. Unk

Unk

Jul 27, 2010
    West Central FL
    I bought an 88 years ago, chopped the barrel to 18", installed a ramp front and trouble-free since purchased..mine has a single action bar, pretty sure dual now.

It eats #4 Buck or Dead Coyote..well, that is all I feed it.