close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

mossberg maverick 12GA

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by 17119jfkioe, Apr 29, 2010.

1. 17119jfkioe

17119jfkioe

Apr 23, 2010
    I just recently posted a thread about a shotgun and handgun combo. well i just found on a local gun sellers website a mossberg maverick for 199. I really need some help because im considering getting one VERY soon! thank you!!!!!

2. $199 isn't bad, but I've seen them for less. Google Wal-Mart and see what they sell them for.

Oh, and the Maverick is a fine gun. It's a Mossberg 500 with the safety on the side like a Wincheser 1200. The butstock and many of the internals interchange between the Maverick and the Mossie 500.

Deaf

3. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I had a Mav and I loved it. I paid $199 and it served as my primary HD shotgun for a few years until I picked up my Benelli SuperNova Tactical and my Mossberg 930SPX.

Good starter, budget shotgun. It has its limitations like a non changeable fore arm but hey its only $199.

Here is how my Mav was setup.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. Good, solid shotgun. No frills, but it's reliable.

5. GREY-GHOST

GREY-GHOST

Sep 29, 2009
    Florida
    I bought mine pretty used and have had zero problems with it. I went through almost 200rds shooting clays with some friends in a relatively short amount of time and it shot just fine. I'm thinking about buying an 18.5" barrel for around the house.

6. gnepig

gnepig Remember

Oct 13, 2009
    Fl

Yeah those sell for $189 at the Walmarts around here. Good lookin gun, thinkin about gettin one too.
    Best part about buying local is no shipping charge or FFL fee, that would add another $80 bucks to the price here, 80 bucks would buy alot of slugs and 00 buck.

7. ajjacks916

ajjacks916 IDPA SO

Oct 20, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Just got a used 1 for $162 OTD, came with a 6 round Side Saddle.